Do the JN5189 and JN5169 have the same bootloader?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the JN5189 and JN5169 have the same bootloader?

jacintomoreno
Contributor III

Hi,

Is the bootloader for the JN517x/JN516x described in JN-AN-1003 (JN51xx Bootloader Operation) the same one used by the JN5189?

Thanks,

Jacinto

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you but the bootloader is not the same for both devices.

if you have any further question, let us know.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

jacintomoreno
Contributor III

Thanks for your answer.

Is there any documentation for the JN5189 bootloader?

Also, is the source code for it available?

Thanks 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can find some information about the Bootloader in the SDK documentation, you will need to check the  Connectivity Framework Reference Manual on chapter 3.22 Bootloader. Do you mean that SSB ?

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

jacintomoreno
Contributor III

Thanks Estephania.

I mean the C source code for the boatloader, is it available in case one wants to modify it or customise it? 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry , the only files available that we share are already either in the application notes or in the SDK, if the files you are looking for is not there, I'm really sorry but we do not have it available.

You can try and use as a base the FSCI boot loader or the OTA boot loader as stated in the guide that I mentioned before for the SSB.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

jacinto1m
Contributor II

Looking at the document you recommended it looks like that is for a QN908x/Kinetis device, and I see it says:

"This section does not apply to K32W061/JN5189/QN9090. Instead, a Secondary Stage Bootloader (SSBL) can be used for these platforms."

For the first stage boot loader (FSBL) used for the K32W041A (JN5189) is there any documentation that describes it?

Because the "Connectivity Framework Reference Manual" you pointed me too only says a SSBL needs to be implemented for the JN5189 and doesn't give any information about the FSBL for this MCU.

0 Kudos

jacinto1m
Contributor II

One more question, is there an internal flash and ROM memory map for the JN5189, I am after a map that outlines how the internal flash and ROM are subdivided (eg. what portion of the ROM is taken by the bootloader etc)

Something like this but for the internal flash and ROM:

jacinto1m_0-1602859392691.png

0 Kudos