Do iPhone's allow NFC wireless charging to charge IoT device battery?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do iPhone's allow NFC wireless charging to charge IoT device battery?

ScotinMichigan
Contributor I
Do iPhone 12 models allow NFC to deliver power to battery-driven IoT devices? Apple's web site states iPhone 12 have • NFC with reader mode • Accessory Identification NFC (Magsafe)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ScotinMichigan ,

Hope you are doing great, as I mentioned in the internal case you submitted you need to confirm such capability with the phone manufacturer, any reader that can interact with a tag should be able to provide some energy to be harvested by a connected tag and charge something, but as you know this phone has some limitations on its NFC behavior, it is limited to R/W and  it interact with NDEF formatted tags so I would recommend checking with the company that does this phone and confirm that the capability to do this is available and that is not limited in some way.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

finecook
Contributor II

Would you give me that internal case.I want to study it.I have similar problem in Android phone.If I want to configure the NTP5312,but it may not get the enough energy.I need to charge the NTP5312 continuously through NFC to ensure that the NTP5312 has enough energy to read and write configuration information to the NTP5312 when I write configuration information to SRAM.

0 Kudos