Coordinate select enddevice to join the network

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate select enddevice to join the network

Contributor II

Hi, everybody

How do we implement that coordinate to select a device that has a certain device number and then let it to join the network.

Scenario description:

Assuming that there are two devices,one is coordinate and another is enddevice.Enddevice has an SN number is 123456789.

Now when coordinate creates a network and then i send SN which is 123456789 to it.(to coordinate).I can add enddevice to the network.

And I have another question:

When coordinate and enddevice don't association,can I send broadcast data to enddevice.

thanks!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

How do we implement that coordinate to select a device that has a certain device number and then let it to join the network.

It will depend on the process that you want or the best for your application.

1. Whitelist

2. Instal Code

3. Blacklist.

I can add enddevice to the network.

Yes, but in this case you must use the MAC address of the end device. The coordinator should known this address to let it join to the network,

When coordinate and enddevice don't association,can I send broadcast data to enddevice.

The coordinator will send a beacon and if you enable the permit join for a certain of time, the end device will see this beacon and will send a beacon request. The association process will start again.

I am not sure if you are working with a specific application note. What is the device that you are using on?

What are the examples that you are working on? 

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Mario:

It will depend on the process that you want or the best for your application.

As I understand, Whitelist and Blacklist are implemented on the end device by setting beacon filter.But in my product,the end device only has a fixed device number, which cannot be modified.So what I can do is I can send the device number for end device to coordinate over the network,and then coordinate establishes a connection between end device depend on this device number.(The device number can be mac addr or others)

As you said,what is Instal Code?

Yes, but in this case you must use the MAC address of the end device. The coordinator should known this address to let it join to the network

Excuse me, how does this function achieve? Which interface is used?

The coordinator will send a beacon and if you enable the permit join for a certain of time, the end device will see this beacon and will send a beacon request. The association process will start again.

So before i send beacon, can i adding some custom data in beacon to implementation send and receive data between coordinate and end device.

I am not sure if you are working with a specific application note. What is the device that you are using on?

What are the examples that you are working on? 

yes, my application note is JN-AN-1217-Zigbee-3-0-Base-Device and my device is JN5169 PCB module.

thanks!!!

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

Install code can be used to create the link key used to authenticate a node into a network and pass the network key to the node.

Regarding your second question:

You could try setting a timer as a timeout, if the coordinator and device are not associated the device can send the permit to join to start the process again.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/MAXSECZBNETART.pdf

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos