Compilation error after updating SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error after updating SDK

kishansaralaya
Contributor III

How to switch from QN908x SDK version to the next new version - Would like to know what needs to be taken into considered from the Project implementation point of view. Am facing issue after updating the SDK to the newer version, I wanted to add a new driver support into my project but unfortunately this import is causing conflict with the other driver code.  It will be very helpful if there is a guideline or steps to be followed while switching the SDK.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

kishansaralaya
Contributor III

Hi Jose, 

I have not used the tool "Refresh SDK Components". After replacing the older version of the SDK with the newer version SDK 2.2.2, I tried to add a new component to the project by clicking on Manage SDK Component icon and at this time its showing code conflict. 

As you suggested today tried to update the project with the new SDK by clicking on the "Refresh SDK Components" and this listed out src code which needs to updated. After agreeing to the code change build getting failed with linker error. Attached "Error_Log.txt" has all the error log.

When I click the second time on the "Refresh SDK Components" it shows again the same set of source code to update. 

Regards,

kishan

0 Kudos

nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kishan

Could you please try to delete all the heap_x.c files except for the default heap file? It's usually just heap_4.c.

If after deleting these files there are still conflicts, could you please tell me which are the files that generate conflicts?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Jose

0 Kudos

kishansaralaya
Contributor III

Hi Jose,

Sorry for the delay. 
 I tried the suggestion you provided and then deleted heap_1, heap_2, heap_3 and heap_5.c file. 
 After this when I tried to build the project got an error in file fsl_os_abstraction_free_rtos.c   - error "undefined reference to xQueueGetMutexHolder".

In the FreeRTOSconfig.h file "configUSE_COUNTING_SEMAPHORES" was set, but not sure why this error got reported. 

pastedImage_2.png  Updating the project using Refresh component method breaks the project. 

Regards,

kishan

0 Kudos

nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kishan

Could you please give me some information about your issue?

It will be useful to know which is the MCUXpresso SDK version that you are updating to and which was the previous version.

Also, could you please tell me if your project uses an example from the MCUXpresso SDK?

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

kishansaralaya
Contributor III

Hi Jose, 

I was using SDK version 2.2.1 earlier.  After updating SDK version to 2.2.2 I wanted add ctimer component but this action triggered conflict with the existing driver code and the new SDK version driver code. And this process also created multiple heap files.

Regards,

kishan

0 Kudos

nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kishan

Could you please tell me if you used the tool Refresh SDK Components to update the MCUXpresso SDK of your project?

This is the icon of the tool:

pastedImage_2.png

If you did, could you please check the folder freertos of your project and tell me how many heap_x.c files are there?

If you did not use the tool, could you please let me know how did you do it? 

0 Kudos