BeeStack BlackBox missing command Match Descriptor Request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BeeStack BlackBox missing command Match Descriptor Request

rostislav
Contributor III

I created a ZigBee coordinator that operates as a Freescale black box according “BeeStack BlackBox ZigBee Test Client Reference Manual, Rev. 1.4”

It is connected over UART to a host machine. I develop an application on the Host machine that controls the ZigBee coordinator. I record all traffic over UART.

In the same time I monitor the communications using the Ubiqua ZigBee protocol analyzer.

1. Successfully run a network creation and connect a motion detector (by Smartenit) to the coordinator.
  2. Compare UART log and Protocol analyzer log.

I see in the log of Ubiqua that “Match Descriptor Request” message is issued by the device (Motion detector).

The command “Match Descriptor Request” is not presented in the the log of UART The communication, but “APSDE Data Ind” and “AFSDE message data ind” have the payload containing the parameters  of the “Match Descriptor Request” .

I confirmed that “Match Descriptor Request” and “Match Descriptor Response” are supported in the code I copied to the Zigbee coordinator.

/*Compiler time option to compile out Match Descriptor Request*/

#ifndef gMatch_Desc_req_d

#define gMatch_Desc_req_d TRUE

#endif

#ifndef gMatch_Desc_rsp_d /* The command is Mandatory on the server side */

#define gMatch_Desc_rsp_d TRUE

#endif

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As mentioned before, Match Descriptor Response is only available for the Node that originated the Match Descriptor Request. There's no app-level indication of this on the receiver side, that's handled by the ZDO.

0 Kudos

rostislav
Contributor III

Does exist way to know in application connected to a BlackBox application that the Match Descriptor Request was received? Data fields of the command are available, but it is not clear which command came.

0 Kudos

rostislav
Contributor III

Thank you Juan for clarification.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rostislav,

There's no indication sent over UART of received ZDP requests, it's something handled by the ZDO layer without application intervention.

ie. If on Device_A the application sends a Match Desc req, Device_B will answer without giving any indication to the application that runs on Device_B. When Device_A receives the Match descriptor response, the ZDO indication for the Match Descriptor will be sent over UART

rostislav
Contributor III

Juan thank you for response.

I use Beekit 3.0.2

IAR Workbench for ARM 7.40.2.8570

IAR common components 7.2.1.3693

Kinetis BeeStack Codebase 4.0.1

I did a C code investigation and figured out that the request may be issued by the application and the compile switches enable and disable this functionality, but I didn't find a receiving path yet. I believe that receiving is not controlled by the compile switch and always available. I can investigate the code further. Could you help me pointing the message receiving architecture document please? Then I will use debugger and find answer.

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What BeeStack version are you using?

"ZDP-Match_Desc_req.Request" should be available.

0 Kudos

rostislav
Contributor III

I may use “APSDE Data Ind” or “AFSDE message data ind” payload, but it doesn't contain any information about which event the payload belongs to. That may be “Match Descriptor Request” or anything else.

0 Kudos

rostislav
Contributor III

The questions are: why the Match Descriptor Request  is missing among the BlackBox UART messages and how to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos