cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE multi-pairing using FRDM-KW36 boards

SeokJin
Contributor II

Hello.

I'm currently trying to implement multi-pairing using FRDM-KW36 boards.

The SDK version I'm currently using is 'SDK_2.x_FRDM-KW36_2.2.12' and the MCUX version is 'MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.1_1197'.

What I'm most curious about is whether multi-pairing with 2-3 or more boards is possible using KW36.

When I asked the community about this, the engineer provided me with the "KW38 Profile" edit and "Wireless UART".

Are there any additional methods in addition to the examples provided by the engineer?

For example, in the "KW36 Profile" edit, the implementation process is described so that humidity can be measured. Then, in addition to this, how can a user create a new profile?

How should the UUID or header file be set? Should the user create a new one arbitrarily?

Secondly, is there any BLE example that supports multi-pairing other than the "Wireless UART" example?

If multi-pairing is supported including the Wireless UART example, is there a way to control multi-pairing without pressing the Switch on the FRDM-KW36 module?

Would it be best to implement this by modifying the example code?

I am not familiar with the subject matter, so I am sorry that I do not know much and have many questions.

However, the subject matter is very important to me, so I look forward to your kind and detailed answers to my questions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Itzel_UV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

I have been assigned this case.

To create a new profile I do recommend to use the KW38 Costume Profile, .

For the UUID or header, there is more information about it at the Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Developer’s Guide, were the Chapter 8 can be more detailed how to use theme in a Custom Profile.

The only example that supports multi-paring is indeed the Wireless UART that we provide. In case that you want to customize your own, I suggest to follow the modifications suggested on the same Costume profile linked on the post.

Responding you're last question about avoiding  the use of the Switch on the board, I recommend checking the answer that has been replied from here. It's implemented on the KW38 but it work fine with the KW36.

Hope that it finds you well the reply.

Regards,

Itzel

0 Kudos