cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE example in KW45B41Z not working.

sshrivastava
Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm using KW45B41Z-EVK evaluation board and I wanted to flash beacon example provided in the SDK. Once I flash the beacon example and check in the IOT toolbox app, no device is showing. Even the board LED is not blinking. I have also pressed the wakeup button provided in the board but nothing happened. I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v11.6.1 and SDK SDK_2_12_2_KW45B41Z-EVK. Could you please let me know if an missing any configurations.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sshrivastava
Contributor II

We have solved the issue, by updating the KW45 radio firmware via ISP. In order to do that you need to install SPSSDK which requires python and jupyter notebook. Every example project in wireless section has .sb3 files which are basically we need to flash via ISP(switch to ISP mode by pressing the buttons SW4 and SW1 together, Note: Please use only "Sending the new image to KW45.ipynb" and change the file sb3 file path to your project sb3 file). Then flash the example project and open terminal, press button SW3 to change the Bluetooth mode to peripheral and press SW2 to start scanning (mentioned steps are related to the Beacon example, but the radio firmware shall be updated for all the wireless examples).

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you, but as this product has not been released yet (still in preproduction stage) I do not have any information available to share with you, nonetheless, could you please contact one distributor available in the Distributor Network  or one of the NXP sales representative to help you with the request?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos