88W8997 module command timeout issue (interface PCIE+UART, Host: iMX8MQ) - reopen

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

88W8997 module command timeout issue (interface PCIE+UART, Host: iMX8MQ) - reopen

9,709件の閲覧回数
yao_feng
Contributor III

The FW crashed issue is still exist in Generic_PCIE-WLAN-UART-BT-8997-LNX_6_6_3-IMX8-16.92.21.p119.2-16.92.21.p119.2-MM6X16437.P3-GPL.

follow previous case:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Wireless-Connectivity/88W8997-module-command-timeout-issue-interface-PC...

and reopen by this case.  

@ArthurC
@Christine_Li
88W8997 

0 件の賞賛
151 返答(返信)

1,446件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Thanks for your reply.

Sure, We will use the given nmcli to have a try on our local side.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

1,445件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li,

We are using (standalone prebuilt image + your yocto build nmcli binary) to test.

But our EVK's PMIC (pfuse100) is unexpected broken during the test procedure.

Probably it was purchased for long time ago. It can't boot anymore.

So we can't provide the results for you. 

The yocto build nmcli binary is as attached. 

Please help to use it to check.

Thank you

0 件の賞賛

1,534件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. If you have complete BSP(i.MX8MQ-EVK prebuilt image + nmcli package) then please provide us the full BSP image.

2. If you are using the (standalone prebuilt image + your yocto build nmcli binary) then please provide us the nmcli binary to install in our i.MX8MQ-EVK and also provide the steps which you followed to install the nmcli binary in our i.MX8MQ-EVK.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

1,556件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li ,

We use nmcli.

Installed by ourselves.

0 件の賞賛

551件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Thanks for your feedback.

I know you mentioned that you are using nmcli on your 8MQ board. And also you mentioned same issue can be reproduced on our 8MQ-EVK + our prebuilt image.

Can you please help to confirm on our 8MQ-EVK + our pre-built  image what did you use?

nmcli or wpa_supplicant ?

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

558件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li,

Yes, will provide the setup flow to you based on EVK later.

Actually, there are a lots of unexpect risks during shipping the product to you.

So dealing with issue based on EVK will be better.

Thank you for your help.

Will provide to you next Thursday.

0 件の賞賛

568件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

I know you mentioned that you are using nmcli on your 8MQ board. And also you mentioned same issue can be reproduced on our 8MQ-EVK + our prebuilt image.

Can you please help to confirm on our 8MQ-EVK + our pre-built  image what did you use?

nmcli or wpa_supplicant ?

We are still trying to reproduce on our locally. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

582件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

I am so sorry, I am from TIC wireless connectivity team. According to our company's policy, I am only allowed to provide online support for mass market customers. So I am not allowed to have a business trip to your office.

So please help to prepare the board and send to us so that we can capture requested logs and move forward. We have tried one week to try to reproduce, but unfortunately we could not reproduce locally right now. So we sincerely ask for your help. Please understand us. Without your help and the logs, we stuck here, could not move forward.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

579件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li,

Have you got any chance to prepare the test environment(your Image / some test script) on the board?

-> No, I need to deal with lots of other work assigned by Tony. 

Have you sent out the board to me?

-> No, because there are lots progresses needed to follow in GIGABYTE. 

Please let me know the status of delivery so that I can track where it is.

Could you have a business trip to our office to capture the logs locally without product sending?

0 件の賞賛

583件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Have you got any chance to prepare the test environment(your Image / some test script) on the board?

Have you sent out the board to me?

Please let me know the status of delivery so that I can track where it is.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

629件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Thank you for the feedback.

I saw your supervisor has approved to send us one of your board.

Have you got any chance to prepare the test environment(your Image / some test script) on the board? Please help to sync the test steps with your previous test and make sure we can reproduce on this board with less operations.

Please let me know when can you send out and share me the delivery number so that we can track further.

Thanks for your efforts and corporations.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

632件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li ,

Can you please help to get the answers of the below queries?

1. Is DUT BT is mater or slave?

-> Master.

2. Is DUT BT is source or sink?

-> Source.

3. Which BT reference device(remote BT headset) are you using for the test?

-> FiiO BTR3

https://www.fiio.com/btr3K

0 件の賞賛

608件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

1. Is DUT BT is master or slave?

3. Which BT reference device(remote BT headset) are you using for the test? Can you please help to provide model and version?

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

590件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

1. Is DUT BT is mater or slave?

3. Which BT reference device(remote BT headset) are you using for the test?

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

731件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Thanks for your reply.

Sure, I can send this request email.  Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

717件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li,

I don't have permission about sending our product to you.

Please send mail to my supervisor according the following mail address:

tony.ku@gigabyte.com

0 件の賞賛

673件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Yes, I know. During the test, we keep the Wi-Fi connection in 2.4G, and the PC which is doing iperf also connected to the same 2.4G AP.  Bluetooth is playing A2DP music under 3M baud rate.

So please help also to check on your side whether is possible to send one of your board with your setup, so that we can reproduce and capture related logs. Without your help, it is too difficult for us to proceed further.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

685件の閲覧回数
ArthurC
Contributor III

Hello @Christine_Li ,

Please make sure the Wi-Fi connection is under 2.4 GHz & play bluetooth audio in the same time in 88W8997.

If it is in 5GHz. The issue will not be occured.

Please fix the AP is 2.4GHz or set PC working under 2.4GHz in direct connection.

0 件の賞賛

712件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

I know this issue has been bothered you too much, but it has similar scenario but different hints from logs. These days we are still actively trying to reproduce and capture logs, but for one week stress test during working time, and unfortunately could not reproduce. But we never give up.

Can you please help to corporate and provide requested verification results and logs?

By the way, I have a suggestion, is it possible to send one of your board(after configured and setup ready for test) to us? After we reproduced and found solution for this case, we will send back to you for sure.

The only goal is finding root cause and fix the issue.

Sincerely looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

785件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

Another request, to debug the issue further we need try the below combination once at your end to identify the issue is in driver or FW:

Driver version: MM6X16437.P3-GPL

FW version: 16.92.21.p255 (Debug Test FW of DEC/2023) from previous post (https://community.nxp.com/t5/Wireless-Connectivity/88W8997-module-command-timeout-issue-interface-PC...)

It will help to identify the issue by comparing the older and newer version, we can debug the issue further according to the your feedback on above combination.

Please help to capture the dmesg/dump and the sniffer capture.

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛

757件の閲覧回数
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @ArthurC 

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience but it is very difficult to debug without the in-sync sniffer logs, We are working actively to identify the root cause of the issue,

We are in the process with our internal team to identify the suspect of the issue.

Can we have the in-sync nmcli/dmesg/sniffer logs and also your Yocto image of i.MX8MQ with your ported changes for the local reproduction?

You can send to my private email, not share on the public community to avoid information leakage.

Appreciated so much!

Best regards,

Christine.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛