how can I set the phy_KSZ8041.c and phy_KSZ8041.h for RMII interface?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

how can I set the phy_KSZ8041.c and phy_KSZ8041.h for RMII interface?

跳至解决方案
2,154 次查看
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear community,

I have a custom Vybrid VF3x prototype board, which has a Micrel KSZ8081 ethernet PHY chip. I have added the phy_KSZ8041 .c and .h files to my projects' BSP in order to add the ethernet interface. I am using KSZ8081 which is very similar to KSZ8041(8041 has bot MII and RMII modes) in RMII mode.

Therefore, If I set the KSZ8041 .c and .h files to RMII mode, may be it will be enough to start RTCS protocols.

Please help me how can I set the KSZ8041 into RMII mode?

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin.

标签 (8)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,122 次查看
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

I would not count on Timesys Support only in this case...

It looks like both PHYs belong to the same family, but the one you are interested in got 2 MAC interface types.

Based on my experience, in this case one usually has to take the existing RMII-only PHY settings and add 1 more - the MAC interface type selection (to be sure, compare the 2 datasheets).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
1,122 次查看
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mehmet,

Yes, I would take Naoum's advice and review the KSZ8081 datasheet to learn how to set this into RMII mode, and compare the other registers set in the driver to the datasheet.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

1,123 次查看
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

I would not count on Timesys Support only in this case...

It looks like both PHYs belong to the same family, but the one you are interested in got 2 MAC interface types.

Based on my experience, in this case one usually has to take the existing RMII-only PHY settings and add 1 more - the MAC interface type selection (to be sure, compare the 2 datasheets).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 项奖励
1,122 次查看
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you attend this case?

0 项奖励