Vybrid security issue, resetting things

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid security issue, resetting things

marknorton
Contributor I

I having some issues with a few devices that I believe that some security bits got set and are preventing the device from operating correctly.  The issue is that the SNVS_HPRTCLR register doesn't increment anymore.  This code has worked for years and it stopped one day.  I do see that the PGD bit in the SNVS_LPSR is set.  There are probably others as well.  I believe something happened where the chip thought there was some sort of tampering going on and shut some stuff off.  Also this problem is only happening on a couple of my devices.  The rest work just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

robert1997b
Contributor I

Look for any official documentation from the chip manufacturer regarding the SNVS module and its security features. This documentation might provide insights into the conditions that can trigger the security bits and how to reset them. If the code has worked for years and suddenly stopped, review any recent changes to the codebase or the environment where the code runs. Even minor updates or changes could have unforeseen impacts. Ensure that the power supply to the SNVS is stable and within the required specifications. Fluctuations or interruptions in power could cause the registers to behave unexpectedly. 

0 Kudos

robert1997b
Contributor I

Additionally, I’ve initiated the process to open the device settings on your Windows system where you can manage connected devices. This might help you to check if there are any issues with the devices from the operating system’s perspective.                                                                   ADPWorkforceNow

0 Kudos