cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS-5 License Issue Solution

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We've had various people have issues occasionally with compiling projects in DS-5 with the following error:

Error: C9932E: Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature compiler5) with license version >= 5.0201301

System clock has been set back

Usually building again would clear the error. The reason this occurs is because DS-5 detected some files on your computer that are dated ahead of the current time. They have a utility available to scan for those files if you contact their support, and then there are a multitude of different ways to update timestamps on the files it finds. 

In our experience, IAR has several files like these in the <IAR install dir>\common\ folder, so check there first and that may solve the problem.

2 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

More details from another colleague:

The problem originates from the fact that DS-5 checks timestamps on files to determine if the PC clock has been set back.

A second issue is that on Windows7 (and Vista) setting the access time by the OS is disabled. Therefore a bad access time will be persistent over accesses. This must be enabled before we can change access times.

Check the setting with command "fsutil behavior query DisableLastAccess" and enable with "fsutil behavior query DisableLastAccess 0"

I found many files with an access time in 2017. The majority of the files were Acrobat and flash files (all Adobe). To fix the problem, the access time must be set back to today or earlier.

To reset the access time, windows users can download a tool to touch the files (Linux can just use touch).

Most windows touch tools cannot update read-only files. I found it easier to create a batch file to copy all affected files to a temporary directory. The copy operation will set the access time of the original file. After the copy, I delete the temporary directory.

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anthony,

I faced that issue when upgraded from 5.13 to 5.14. I contacted with ARM support and my license is correct. Then I ran the ARM utililiy avaliable in the ARM license FAQ page and discovered that my issue was that CW classic and/or CW 10.x installations used the same system variable for license that DS-5 wanted to use (LM_LICENSE_FILE). Error was fixed adding the system variable ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE= <path to license file>, in my case, ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE=C:\Users\B03963\AppData\Roaming\ARM\DS-5\licenses

I got the same error you explain. Just in case the problem is coming from CW variables.

Luis