1.1 volt power supply not coming up. It looks like it tries, gets to about 0.65 V and then shuts off. 3.3V is applied and the 1.2V, and 2.5 V supplies are up. The design is nearly a direct copy of the Vybrid Tower.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.1 volt power supply not coming up. It looks like it tries, gets to about 0.65 V and then shuts off. 3.3V is applied and the 1.2V, and 2.5 V supplies are up. The design is nearly a direct copy of the Vybrid Tower.

Jump to solution
markwatson
Contributor III

Unfortunately, there is little information on the 1.1V LDO in the manual.  I am not sure if it is shutting down due to overcurrent or for some other reason.  I did decrease the capacitor on the LDO filter pin from 10 uF to 4.7 uF do decrease the initial surge, but that did not help.  I am wondering if a parasitic SCR is being turned on in the unit.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
markwatson
Contributor III

Jiri,

Thanks for the response.  I forgot to get back on here and mention that the problem has been resolved.  It turns out that the current limit for input power to the entire system was set too low and the 3v3 rail was collapsing briefly during power up of the processor.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
markwatson
Contributor III

Power supply sequencing is 1.5 V first since it is used to drive the 1.2V.  When the 1.5 V is up, it signals the 3.3V to come up.  Vbat is at 3.0 V for the RTC (with a backup battery).  We have successfully used this scheme on at least three previous designs without trouble.

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

it is known issue. Main reason is power rails design. Second think is incorrect latch in Vybrid.

What is capacitance on 3V3 and 1.2V power rails and what is resistance of 3V3 power supply?

Issue can be minimized by:

- Decrease 1V2 capacitance (4u7 to 10uF)

- decrease or serial resistance of 3V3

- increase of capacitance on 3V3 voltage rail

/Jiri

0 Kudos