T2080 platform support for USB OTG (serial gadget)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 platform support for USB OTG (serial gadget)

evaneimer
Contributor I

I am trying to get a T2080 based embedded system to support USB OTG. In particular, I am trying to support a Serial Gadget.
I don't yet have the hardware with the proper OTG AB receptacle.
In the meantime, I am trying to get my kernel/rfs configured properly to support a Serial Gadget.
I am using a TimeSys configuration which is built on top of the NXP T2080 (Linux version 4.1.35).
I tried following the instructions in gadget_serial.txt from kernel.org, but I don't think the serial gadget loads.
(This document is rather old - 2008).

I perform the following:
insmod u_serial.ko
insmod udc-core.ko
insmod libcomposite.ko
insmod configfs.ko

All of these seem to work with no problem.
However, when I issue,
insmod g_serial.ko
the result is,
insmod: can't insert 'g_serial.ko': No such device
(dmesg does not have any related information)

So my questions are these:
- Is it expected that the kernel that I am using should support Serial Gadget for the T2080?

- What is the correct way to configure the kernel/rfs to support the Serial Gadget?

- What is the proper way to load/start/invoke the Serial Gadget?

- How can I verify if this has been successful? (Mostly I have read that /dev/ttyGS0 should appear).

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers SDK 2.0-1703 Linux BSP for the T2080. See the Chapter17.2 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation  about USB Gadget:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos