cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1042D4RDB Clear NAND

Jump to solution
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

Hello, I am using Yocto project and U-boot to make my T1042D4RDB bootable from NAND Flash. I followed the steps in https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf until page 98 and set my switches to boot from NAND as described in page 328.

My question is, How can I reset my NAND flash ? I want to make it empty again to use different u-boot. I searched user manuals and sdk docs but couldn't figure out how to reset.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please clarify my understanding:

1) after setting the DIP switches for NAND boot the board is able to boot successfully

2) you have new firmware which has to be deployed to the NAND Flash

Assuming that you have built new "u-boot-nand.bin" it has to be programmed by U-Boot commands into the NAND Flash as follows:

=>tftp 100000 u-boot-nand.bin
=>nand info
=>nand erase 0 e0000
=>nand write 100000 0 $filesize

Please consider that it is convenient to boot from NOR or SD card to perform the NAND programming operations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please clarify my understanding:

1) after setting the DIP switches for NAND boot the board is able to boot successfully

2) you have new firmware which has to be deployed to the NAND Flash

Assuming that you have built new "u-boot-nand.bin" it has to be programmed by U-Boot commands into the NAND Flash as follows:

=>tftp 100000 u-boot-nand.bin
=>nand info
=>nand erase 0 e0000
=>nand write 100000 0 $filesize

Please consider that it is convenient to boot from NOR or SD card to perform the NAND programming operations.

0 Kudos