cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second UART on T1024RDB

int0dh
Contributor I

Hi All,

We are trying to enable second UART on T1024RDB but w/o success so far - we can write into the port

but do not see anything received on another end. AFAIR enabling second UART

required additional actions on P1010 in terms of disabling TDM engine/etc. Do we have to do similar

things on T1024RDB ? Is there any documentation available on that ? Are there any ways to use second UART

and TDM at the same time ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, UART2 pin functions are shared with GPIO and UART4. This is configured in RCW fields UART_BASE and UART_EXT. Please look T1024 Reference Manual, Table 4-12 for details.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

int0dh
Contributor I

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the help. Could you please provide guidance or refer to source describing

RCW modification ? We do not have JTAG debugger, so this may be risky for us. Alternatively,

are there any jumper settings we could touch to make UART2 work w/o touching RCW ?

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We do not offer a ready-to-use guidance on how to update RCW in NOR flash without JTAG, but you can configure your board to load RCW from another source. The T1024 device supports several options for RCW source - NOR, NAND, SPI and SD card. For example, you can configure your board to boot from SD card. SD card deployment is described in Linux SDK documentation.

0 Kudos

int0dh
Contributor I

Thank you much, we were able to flash updated RCW into NOR and now second UART port works ok.

0 Kudos