Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming RCW in T2080RDB

Jump to solution
abhisheksingh
Contributor II

Hi,

I corrupted the RCW which is located in NOR flash at location 0xE8000000 to 0xE801FFFF  in T2080RDB.  Now on power on, my boot code does not run.I want to reprogram the RCW into the same location. Tried creating a bareboard SRAM project with hard coded RCW and the SRAM init script as provided with CW 10.5 and executing target task to do the flash programming. 

But the flash programming is not happening. It says that it is not able to perform the flash algorithm and hence not able to read the flash ID. May be the flash is not configured properly. Also for the RCW image which is 80 bytes in size, the flash programmer target task says the image size is 0 bytes.

Please suggest what might have gone wrong and how to reprogram RCW.

There are 3 RCW files provided in jtag_chain folder for T2080RDB. Which one is to be used?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW override is not needed if appropriate (corresponding to SYSCLK frequency) hard-coded RCW option is selected.

Are you able to establish debug connection with the board?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> bareboard SRAM project with hard coded RCW

What do you mean?

0 Kudos
abhisheksingh
Contributor II

Hi,

For executing the Flash Programmer target task in CodeWarrior, I created a Bareboard project in 'Download SRAM' launch configuration  and used the JTAG configuration file T2080RDB_PCIe_RCW_1533_600_1600_rev1.0.txt to override RCW. Also in the board switch settings, the RCW source is set to '010011011' to enable 'hardcoded RCW for JTAG debug' as mentioned in T2080RDBQS.

Are these configurations correct? Is there anything I am missing?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW override is not needed if appropriate (corresponding to SYSCLK frequency) hard-coded RCW option is selected.

Are you able to establish debug connection with the board?

0 Kudos
abhisheksingh
Contributor II

Thank you for your support. 

I was able to perform flash programming with switch settings configured for hardcoded RCW and no JTAG configuration file was required for RCW override.

0 Kudos