Problem with USB Dongle License CW V10.6.4

Jump to solution
alexruff
Contributor I

Hello CodeWarrior Support,

I am using a very similar setup with Coder Warrior V10.6.4 as my colleagues:

Windows 7 64Bit

USB license Dongle

Of course I installed the FLEXId_D.exe drivers and the FSLFlexLMinstall.exe.

Checking the licence manager (lmtool.exe) I can see the correct FLEXID which matches the licene.dat file.

I can even see the status "activated" in the CW IDE Help->  Page -> Freescale Licenses Page.

But after I run my compilation command over the console (toolchain does not use IDE) I still get the error:

"ERROR L4025: This limited version allows only 65536 bytes of C code"

I already double checked the installation reinstalled compiler, drivers and flexlm sw the same way my collegues did but still face the same license error.

Somehow I suspect an unfortunate constellations of different license dongles/files in my system which I also need besides CW.

Can someone give me a hint on how to solve this issue. Because based on the retrieved FLEXID and correct license status in the IDE it seems not to be a driver issue.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexruff
Contributor I

Finally I was able to solve my problem. Indeed it was an issue with another compiler which uses FLEXlm license management via floating server. After experimenting with FLEXlm services with console commands I was able to see that the environmental variable LM_LICENSE_FILE was not set to the license.dat and therfore FLEXIds have not matched.

If you use any other FLEXLM related compiler/tool double check your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable and add the correct path of the licence.dat.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jackiechen
Contributor I

Hi,

I follow specification(below link) to generate licence.bat with usb Dongle. But code warrior shows error info when I debug codes. Could you please help to tell how to generate license which can be used to debug successfully? Thanks.

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/supporting-information/DongleQS.pdf 

CodeWarrior Development Suites - Registration|NXP 

0 Kudos
alexruff
Contributor I

Finally I was able to solve my problem. Indeed it was an issue with another compiler which uses FLEXlm license management via floating server. After experimenting with FLEXlm services with console commands I was able to see that the environmental variable LM_LICENSE_FILE was not set to the license.dat and therfore FLEXIds have not matched.

If you use any other FLEXLM related compiler/tool double check your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable and add the correct path of the licence.dat.

0 Kudos