cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation license for "CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v6.3" not working

guix
Contributor I

Hello,

I am a hobbyist and a new user of Codewarrior IDE, I'm trying to repurpose an old device which uses a MC68HC908LJ12CFBE and a segmented LCD display, so I want to write a program for this microcontroller.

I have downloaded "CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (RS08HC(S)08-ColdFire V1) v6.3.exe" but unfortunately it doesn't run on Windows 11 64bits, so instead I downloaded and installed an unofficial version of this software that I found here, thankfully : https://community.nxp.com/t5/Classic-Legacy-CodeWarrior/Installing-CodeWarrior-Classic-6-3-on-Window...

I have generated my license file, and put the content in "license.dat", I also manually ran "bin/regservers.bat" as I saw on a video in a similar question on this forum. I also tried to run the software with Administrator rights.

But still it's not working, almost nothing can be used in CodeWarrior or Processor Expert. Everything seem to be unlicensed and run in demo mode. For example, in Processor Expert, I try to add the 'Init_LCD" component, it says "Licensed component (Basic beans). You haven't any license to use it.", and when I click Generate Code, it will generate this:

void LCD1_Init(void)
{
/*
 #####  Here will be code if you have a full registered version  #####
*/
}

cw.jpg 

Here is an extract of my license.dat file, showing that I should be able to use the LCD component (right ?). I replaced some values with XXX, I don't know if that was important)

# License for ANY
INCREMENT PE_LCDHC08 metrowks 1.0 14-apr-2024 uncounted XXXXXXXXXXXX \
VENDOR_STRING="CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers - Professional \
Edition Evaluation / Updates" HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="NXP \
Semiconductor" ISSUED=16-mar-2024 ck=142 SN="FSL - XXXXXXX" \
TS_OK

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ? Can it be because I am not using the official software ? If so, is there any solution to run the original software on Windows 11 64bits ?

Please help, I have already renewed my evaluation license once, because I'm stuck here since more than a month

Thanks!

Edit : Just to try, I've installed the official software on a VirtualBox running Windows XP SP3 32bits, I didn't even need to modify license.dat and everything seems to be unlocked and working as it should ! So it seems to be a problem with the unofficial software, sadly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

guix
Contributor I

Hello Jorge, I already gave the licenses files when you requested in Support Case 00604745

0 Kudos

jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guillaume,

Can you share your license with me, it seams that youare trying to use some beans that are not free and need to be added to your evaluation.

Regards,

0 Kudos