cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to timestamp record using Sensor Fusion Toolbox

vincentledain
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using a FRDM-STBC-AGM01 board with FRDM-KL25Z. How can I timestamp each records with Sensor Fusion Toolbox?

Thanks in advance

Vincent LEDAIN

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Vincent,

Assuming you are using the standard sensor fusion builds, it's been done for you.  Column 1 of the .csv file created when you datalog using the Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Windows is the timestamp.  Normal increment for timestamp values is around 40ms (25Hz).  Check the scaling, as there are some minor variants in code out there.

Mike

0 Kudos

vincentledain
Contributor I

Mike,

Yes, I'm using the standard sensor fusion builds. I know that column 1 of the .csv file is the timestamp but it's a relative time. I'm using other sensors and I want to have the same time for all sensor data, for example the time of my computer which records data.

Is it possible to have computer time with Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Windows?

Is it possible to get all data to serial port?

Thanks

Vincent

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Vincent,

In reverse order, all data already travels via serial port.  The packet protocol is described in the user guide.

Is it possible to have computer time with the toobox?  Possible - yes.  But it is not really consistent with the primary mission of the tool, which is to aide in evaluation and debug of sensor fusion algorithms.  It also doesn't address the issues of various latencies associated with the different sensors in your system.   Or issues such as "GMT or local time?"

You obviously have a specific application in mind.  We've provided the tools, the rest is up to you.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos