Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs in LPC15xx MCU?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs in LPC15xx MCU?

Jump to solution
richardpayne
Contributor II

In reference to  Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs which work only for freescale MCU and use codewarrior.

I currently using LPC15xx with freescale Accel and Gyro on I2C bus. (FXAS21002 and FXOS8700) as well as other Accel sensor from 3rd party vendor. With interface working and streaming data out, I now focus on calibration side, specifically procedure and axis-axis calibration solution for directional survey tools.

I wish to integrate the above library into LPCExpresso specifically into LPC15xx (Cortex M3) and other LPC MCU (Cortex-M4) for later project. Do you have good solution for this?

Can 3rd party Accel (with better performance spec which is ADC and analogue ACCEL) be used to stream data into Library.

If this library is not suitable, what the alternative?, does it do axis-axis calibration?

R. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Richard,

I uploaded it right after my last response to https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-332490.  It's another post here in the sensor fusion community.  I cannot attach files to existing posts, which is why it was done separately.

The project should work with the sensors you have, but you may have to adjust the hardware abstraction layer functions if the orientations on your PCB are different than the NXP shields.

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
richardpayne
Contributor II

Hi Mike

Have you release the software so I can download and have it try.

What demo board you use to interface the sensor?

Best wishes

0 Kudos
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Richard,

I uploaded it right after my last response to https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-332490.  It's another post here in the sensor fusion community.  I cannot attach files to existing posts, which is why it was done separately.

The project should work with the sensors you have, but you may have to adjust the hardware abstraction layer functions if the orientations on your PCB are different than the NXP shields.

Mike

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Richard,

We (actually my coworker Mark) did a port for the LPC1549 using LPCExpresso earlier this year.  It's not an "official" NXP software release, but I think may be helpful.  I'll upload it to a separate post momentarily.

When you ask about axis to axis calibration, I assume you are referring to orientatation differences between the different physical sensors.  The short answer is that no, we don't manage that.  For the bulk of applications the library is used for, it's simply not been necessary.  The project I'm uploading for you DOES include the precision accelerometer trim function that we recently published in the Version 7.00 library.  But it does not deal with misalighment between sensors.

I'm not a fan of analog sensors, as it means you are taking on all the signal conditioning issues that are already managed for you inside a digital device.  The precision trim function, along with oversampling, will dramatically improve accelerometer accuracy.  Probably better than you can do on your own.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos