次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Question about FXOS8700 + FXAS21002

1,668件の閲覧回数
CLin1010
Contributor I

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking for a suitable IMU for a scientific project and came across FXOS8700 + FXAS21002 and I have the following questions.

Purpose of the sensor: The sensor should detect small movements at a defined position on a vehicle while driving and for this purpose the sensor should be mounted in a rectangular body, which in turn is screwed to the vehicle.

I have the following questions, which I couldn't figure out from the data sheet:
- Does the installation position have to be considered, i.e. does the z-axis have to point towards the sky and the x-axis always to the front (always flat, never upright?) (data sheet p. 7)?
- The accelerometer and magnetometer are factory calibrated, can't the gyroscope be calibrated?
- Is there no calibration routine instead of having to manually enter the values ​​for the accelerometer and magnetometer via OFF_X/Y/Z and M_OFF_X/Y/Z respectively?
If there is a calibration routine:
- Does the calibration have to be carried out with each use or can the calibration config be reused as long as the sensor is permanently installed in the body? Because the body including the sensor is attached to different vehicles.
- Does the sensor have to be calibrated first or can I mount the sensor in the body and then calibrate it afterwards?
- Would the sensor detect deviations from the geometric center in this way, or does the sensor have to be mounted in the geometric center of the body?
- According to which principle do the sensors work? According to the Hall or MEMS principle?

Best regards

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)

1,656件の閲覧回数
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Christian,

Let me inform you that the FXOS8700CQ is being discontinued and the FXAS21002CQ has already been discontinued without suitable replacements. I would recommend you contact other suppliers such as STM, Analog Devices or TDK InvenSense.

As for the FXOS8700CQ calibration, please refer to the AN4399 and AN4459.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,646件の閲覧回数
CLin1010
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

thanks for the answer! Since the sensors can still be bought (e.g. Adafruit Precision NXP 9-DOF breakout board - FXOS8700 + FXAS21002), the sensors are still relevant to me.

Best regards

Christian

0 件の賞賛
返信