Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTM88 RF Interrupt

Jump to solution
dongyong1
Contributor I

Dear NXP  Engineer

I set the NTM88 register (FNUM=3 for RFCR3), can I make the data sent differently each time? I can't use the interrupt method, is there another way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

When RFCR3_FNUM is >0, the transmission of multiple frames is enabled. In this case, the same frame is transmitted multiple times. It is not possible to change the content of the frame between two transmissions.

In order to send several frames with a different content each time, the following sequence can be implemented:

• Fill the RF buffer with the first content
  • Trigger the transmission of a single frame (RFCR3_FNUM = 0)
  • Wait for the end of the transmission
  • Fill the RF buffer with the second content

To monitor the end of the transmission, bits RFCR7_RFIF and RFCR7_RFEF can be polled if an interrupt-based method is not possible.

After the transmission has been triggered, bit RFIF will be set at the end of the transmission, if successful. If not successful, bit RFEF will be set.

Table 127.png

After a transmission has completed, do not forget to clear RFIF/RFEF bit by setting RFIAK bit.

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

When RFCR3_FNUM is >0, the transmission of multiple frames is enabled. In this case, the same frame is transmitted multiple times. It is not possible to change the content of the frame between two transmissions.

In order to send several frames with a different content each time, the following sequence can be implemented:

• Fill the RF buffer with the first content
  • Fill the RF buffer with the second content

To monitor the end of the transmission, bits RFCR7_RFIF and RFCR7_RFEF can be polled if an interrupt-based method is not possible.

After the transmission has been triggered, bit RFIF will be set at the end of the transmission, if successful. If not successful, bit RFEF will be set.

Table 127.png

After a transmission has completed, do not forget to clear RFIF/RFEF bit by setting RFIAK bit.

BR, Tomas

dongyong1
Contributor I

Hi Tomas

I  can't get it to work using interrupts and polling, it works using delays. But the delay time is not well calculated and it affects the program operation. Are there other registers that are not configured properly?

0 Kudos
dongyong1
Contributor I

Use the BOOTLOADER routine from the official website

0 Kudos