I am trying to view if ACQ_ETEMP or ACQ_VOLT registers are changing or not when I program MM9Z1J638. I have some trouble with the ADC results.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to view if ACQ_ETEMP or ACQ_VOLT registers are changing or not when I program MM9Z1J638. I have some trouble with the ADC results.

Jump to solution
kadiruzun
Contributor III

Hello all,

As far as I know, the ADC results are kept in ACQ_CURR, ACQ_VOLT, and ACQ_ETEMP-ACQ_ITEMP registers in MM9Z1J638 intelligent battery sensor. However, when I connect the board to my computer via P&E's Universal Multilink and debug it, I cannot see what I expect as resultant ADC.

First of all, I connect board to my PC.

Then I debug the demo code.

Then I connect another voltage source to _NTC and NTC pins. Thus, I create a voltage difference which should be written into ACQ_ETEMP register. I change the voltage levels. But, the ADC result I see from "register view" of freescale's code warrior does not change. I tried to set PA7 of the MCU, when the adc result is greater than a value or less than some other value, I was not able to see any change on the oscilloscope which is connected to PA7 output pin.

How can I see that as I change the voltage level applied in between _NTC and NTC pins results in a change of ADC value which is kept in ACQ_ETEMP register.

Are there any other method to see the adc result? Why does it always end up with the same ADC result in ACQ_ETEMP register although I change the voltage difference in between _NTC and NTC pins? Similarly, when I apply some voltage difference in between Cell1- and Cell1+ for (Vsense channel) and when I change the difference, I do not see any change in ACQ_VOLT register. Again, I do not see why the register values in which ADC results are kept does not change.

I am looking forward to see your comments and advices.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
kadiruzun
Contributor III

Hello David,

Sorry for late reply. I was not able to answer since I was out of my office. I have solved this register viewing problem. Thank you for your recommendations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kadiruzun
Contributor III

Hello David,

Sorry for late reply. I was not able to answer since I was out of my office. I have solved this register viewing problem. Thank you for your recommendations.

0 Kudos
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kadir,

My apologies for the delayed response.

Indeed, the current and the voltage results will be stored at the ACQ_CURR1 / ACQ_CURR0 and ACQ_VOLT registers.

Have you tried using the KIT9Z1J638EVM Demo Software?

The demo software has the following features:

• Basic set of low level drivers required for the demonstration (Drv638)
  • Basic initialization and device start up
  • Measures the voltages and temperatures
  • Configurable averaging and channel order
  • Measures the current through the shunt resistor
  • Configurable averaging and channel order

You may download it from here.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

kadiruzun
Contributor III

Hello David,

0 Kudos