Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE05x Middleware 04.05.00: do_package error

Jump to solution
Igor
Contributor III

Hi all,

We want to use the SE05x middleware libraries 04.05.00 version on an i.MX8MP board.
Middleware is built using Yocto recipe with these Cmake settings (basically they are the default ones):

-DWithSharedLIB=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DPTMW_Host=iMXLinux -DPTMW_HostCrypto=OPENSSL -DPTMW_OpenSSL=3_0 \
-DPTMW_SMCOM=T1oI2C -DPTMW_SE05X_Auth=None -DPTMW_Applet=SE051_H -DPTMW_SE05X_Ver=07_02 \
-DOPENSSL_INSTALL_PREFIX=${WORKDIR}/recipe-sysroot/usr/ \
-DPAHO_BUILD_DEB_PACKAGE=OFF -DPAHO_BUILD_DOCUMENTATION=OFF -DPAHO_BUILD_SAMPLES=OFF \
-DPAHO_BUILD_SHARED=ON -DPAHO_BUILD_STATIC=OFF -DPAHO_ENABLE_CPACK=ON \
-DPAHO_ENABLE_TESTING=OFF \
-DPAHO_WITH_SSL=ON \
-DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=${WORKDIR}/recipe-sysroot/usr/

When bitabake runs "do_package" command, I get this error:

ERROR: se05x-4.5.0-r0 do_package: dwarfsrcfiles failed with exit code 1 (cmd was ['dwarfsrcfiles', '/opt/variscite/var-fsl-yocto/build_xwayland_qt5/tmp/work/armv8a-fslc-linux/se05x/4.5.0-r0/package/home/root/se05x_mw_v04.05.00/simw-top/ext/openssl/lib_mingw/libssl.a']):
dwarfsrcfiles: /opt/variscite/var-fsl-yocto/build_xwayland_qt5/tmp/work/armv8a-fslc-linux/se05x/4.5.0-r0/package/home/root/se05x_mw_v04.05.00/simw-top/ext/openssl/lib_mingw/libssl.a: not a valid ELF file

Since I'm new to Edgelock product, can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Igor

SE051 SE050 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Igor
Contributor III

HI Kan_Li,

To solve that issue, it seems to be necessary to add "INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP_FILES" to the Secure Elements recipe in order to allow libraries to remain unstripped:

INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP_FILES += "${PKGD}/home/root/${NXP-PLUG-TRUST-MW}/simw-top/ext/openssl/lib_mingw/libcrypto.a"
INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP_FILES += "${PKGD}/home/root/${NXP-PLUG-TRUST-MW}/simw-top/ext/openssl/lib_mingw/libssl.a"

Hope that helps others who face same issue,

Igor

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Igor ,

It looks like a yocto issue, please kindly refer to https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/topic/75700982?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0 for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Igor
Contributor III

HI Kan_Li,

To solve that issue, it seems to be necessary to add "INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP_FILES" to the Secure Elements recipe in order to allow libraries to remain unstripped:

INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP_FILES += "${PKGD}/home/root/${NXP-PLUG-TRUST-MW}/simw-top/ext/openssl/lib_mingw/libcrypto.a"
INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP_FILES += "${PKGD}/home/root/${NXP-PLUG-TRUST-MW}/simw-top/ext/openssl/lib_mingw/libssl.a"

Hope that helps others who face same issue,

Igor

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Igor ,

Thanks for the sharing!

Best Regards,

Kan

0 Kudos