cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE050 middleware serial communication

Jump to solution
michaelok
Contributor I

I downloaded SE-PLUG-TRUST-MW.zip and compiled it.

• Host: Linux

I've mounted a OM-SE050ARD developer kit on a Arduino Uno. My Linux host is connected to the Arduino using a USB CDC (ACM) connection, and my device tree has:

• /dev/ttyACM0

THOUGHTS

The Arduino is kind of a middle man, and I'm not sure this configuration works.

Maybe I can set SMCOM to VCOM or JRCP, in order to allow the Arduino middle man arrangement.

QUESTIONS

Is my configuration impossible?

What firmware should I load onto the Arduino, to allow communication from my Linux host to access the SE050.

Does the SE050 need to be directly connected (over the I2C bus) to the host running the middleware?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @michaelok ,

Yes, this configuration is possible, but better using FRDM-K64F instead of a Arduino Uno, because there is a ready bin file to act as a bridge between the Host and SE050 based on FRDM-K64F, and you may find it in the folder of "SE-PLUG-TRUST-MW\simw-top\binaries\MCU", such as shown below:

The MCU firmware binaries "vcom*" provide a VCOM port for communication to the secure element to let the Windows examples connect over VCOM to the secure element.
The MCU firmware binaries "ccid*" provide a CCID reader emulation to the secure element for software which is using e.g. PC/SC smartcard interface

MCU binaries for SE050/51 using UM11225 T=1oI2C protocol:
./MCU/se05x/se05x_ccid-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin (CCID interface for K64F)
./MCU/se05x/se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-evkmimxrt1060.bin (VCOM interface for i.MX RT1060)
./MCU/se05x/se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin (VCOM interface for K64F)
./MCU/se05x/se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-lpcxpresso55s69.bin (VCOM interface for LPC55S69 EVK)

It is also possible to connect SE050 with Linux host via I2C interface directly, but so far  we just provide Linux support on i.MX platforms such as  the MCIMX8M-EVK or MCIMX6UL-EVK development board, and Raspberry Pi as well, please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12570.pdf for more details.

To add support for SE050 on other Linux platforms, we also provide the following app note: https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN12448.pdf .

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michaelok
Contributor I

Thanks @Kan_Li , this is very helpful information. It seems you have the wrong impression that I'm using a Windows OS, which I don't have.

My new plan is to flash the MCU of my FRDM-K64F and test the method you describe, with:

• se050_GetInfo-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin
  • se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin

I see some binaries with the text GP1 in their names, do you know what GP1 means?

I like the porting guide you mention as well, I found that on my own and plan to use it in the long term. My goal is to put a SE050 in every STM32 based device I produce.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @michaelok ,

Yes, this configuration is possible, but better using FRDM-K64F instead of a Arduino Uno, because there is a ready bin file to act as a bridge between the Host and SE050 based on FRDM-K64F, and you may find it in the folder of "SE-PLUG-TRUST-MW\simw-top\binaries\MCU", such as shown below:

The MCU firmware binaries "vcom*" provide a VCOM port for communication to the secure element to let the Windows examples connect over VCOM to the secure element.
The MCU firmware binaries "ccid*" provide a CCID reader emulation to the secure element for software which is using e.g. PC/SC smartcard interface

MCU binaries for SE050/51 using UM11225 T=1oI2C protocol:
./MCU/se05x/se05x_ccid-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin (CCID interface for K64F)
./MCU/se05x/se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-evkmimxrt1060.bin (VCOM interface for i.MX RT1060)
./MCU/se05x/se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin (VCOM interface for K64F)
./MCU/se05x/se05x_vcom-T1oI2C-lpcxpresso55s69.bin (VCOM interface for LPC55S69 EVK)

It is also possible to connect SE050 with Linux host via I2C interface directly, but so far  we just provide Linux support on i.MX platforms such as  the MCIMX8M-EVK or MCIMX6UL-EVK development board, and Raspberry Pi as well, please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12570.pdf for more details.

To add support for SE050 on other Linux platforms, we also provide the following app note: https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN12448.pdf .

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
keerthi1
Contributor I

Hi sir,

Can you provide a source code for those binaries.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @keerthi1 ,

You may have the source code in the sdk based projects, please kindly refer to the following for details.

Kan_Li_0-1702605890343.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos