Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP JCOP Plugin 6.9.0.12 PC/SC Issues

Jump to solution
makinako
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using Eclipse + NXP JCOP Tools for applet development, but I'm having issues as the tools are unable to detect or use PC/SC readers. I have tried a number of different Eclipse versions and JDK/JRE versions, but nothing seems to improve my results. 

The JCOP Tools getting started guide seems out-of-date and so I would like to ask what is the current recommended development environment used by NXP for applet development on the P71D600? 

• Development OS / OS Version
  • Eclipse version
  • JCOP SDK version (if the published one is not the latest used internally?)
  • Installed JDK/JRE version
  • JCDK version

Specifically related to the error, below is a log of the error that occurs in the plugin (abridged):

!ENTRY com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse 4 0 2023-09-16 06:52:11.105
!MESSAGE Plug-in "com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse" was unable to instantiate class "com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.launcher.SCCommProvider".
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse" was unable to instantiate class "com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.launcher.SCCommProvider".
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:212)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:206)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:923)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:246)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.launcher.ReaderManager$ReaderProviderExt.getProvider(ReaderManager.java:183)
at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.launcher.ReaderManager.update(ReaderManager.java:149)
at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.launcher.ReaderManager.__getReaders(ReaderManager.java:100)
at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.launcher.ReaderManager.getReaders(ReaderManager.java:79)
at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.LicenseWizard$CardVerifyWizard$CardPage.createControl(LicenseWizard.java:577)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FrankF
Contributor II

Hello makinako

I am using the following setup for Eclipse and JCOP:

• Windows 10
  • nxp-jcop-tools-jcop4.5-v6.9.0.12_RC1.zip
  • jdk-8u202-windows-x64.exe from Oracle (note that there are newer versions but their license has changed)
  • eclipse-jee-2020-06-R-win32-x86_64.zip

With this setup I am able to use PC/SC card readers.

Cheers

Frank

View solution in original post

6 Replies
msjcard
Contributor III

I think this is related to a few path problems with the various JCShell related plugins.  It looks like you're trying to use the card reader to activate your JCOP tools plugin (given the "LicenseWizard" method?  If that's correct, my guess is that the instantiation problem you're having is related to not being able to find JNISCCommWrapper_xx.dll and its ilk.

Try this:

1) Figure out where the plugin is stored on your machine - mine is at c:/Users/<myname>/.p2/pool/plugins/com.nxp.jcop.eclipse_6.9.0.12

2) The DLLs you need are in os/win under that directory.

3) Either create a .bat file that adds that os/win to the PATH environment variable before running eclipse, or add it to the global PATH var.

Also, make sure you have the Windows 2010 C++ redist installed.  JNISCCommWrapper appears to need it.

See if that helps.  Also, this should fix some issues with the JCOP tools internal JCShell window.

makinako
Contributor III
That was just the stage I got to in my install where I knew PC/SC would fail. I use the 'existing workspace' method for activation and interestingly, for all the SO28 greenboard samples I have for P60/P71 and other older JCOP's, none of them are accepted as an 'engineering card' so I guess it must be a specific configuration?
0 Kudos
FrankF
Contributor II

Hello makinako

I am using the following setup for Eclipse and JCOP:

• Windows 10
  • nxp-jcop-tools-jcop4.5-v6.9.0.12_RC1.zip
  • jdk-8u202-windows-x64.exe from Oracle (note that there are newer versions but their license has changed)
  • eclipse-jee-2020-06-R-win32-x86_64.zip

With this setup I am able to use PC/SC card readers.

Cheers

Frank

Justinluo
Contributor I

Hi Bro, can you list the url to download the nxp-jcop-tools-jcop4.5-v6.9.0.12_RC1.zip . I can't find where to download it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
msjcard
Contributor III

The NXP JCOP tools package is only available under NDA.  Request it from your NXP contact and they'll push it to your Docstore/NXP secure documents account.

0 Kudos
makinako
Contributor III
Thanks this combo did the trick! I put it in a VM running Win11x64 to try and it still worked.