Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for secure objects' origin

Jump to solution
psvz
Contributor III

Hello

Could you please confirm how could I read or change the ORIGIN of a secure object (key) - I cannot find such API. I would like to read and/or inject this property with my keys:

enum SE05x_Origin_t
Where was this object originated

Values:

kSE05x_Origin_NA = 0
Invalid

kSE05x_Origin_EXTERNAL = 0x01
Generated outside the module.

kSE05x_Origin_INTERNAL = 0x02
Generated inside the module.

kSE05x_Origin_PROVISIONED = 0x03
Trust provisioned by NXP
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @psvz ,

I am sorry, but there is no API to inject this property, you may just read this with the help of readobject command, indeed it is one of the object attributes that is updated during applet runtime for Secure Objects of type AESKey, DESKey, HMACKey, ECKey and
RSAKey only and does not get updated for other object types.

Please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12413.pdf for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @psvz ,

I am sorry, but there is no API to inject this property, you may just read this with the help of readobject command, indeed it is one of the object attributes that is updated during applet runtime for Secure Objects of type AESKey, DESKey, HMACKey, ECKey and
RSAKey only and does not get updated for other object types.

Please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12413.pdf for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos