Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K1xx, EEPROM, FERSTAT[DFDIF]

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello team,

When we use FlexNVM for Emulated EEPROM and a double-bit ECC error is detected while the records are being copied from the backup to FlexRAM during the reset sequence or on execution of the SetRAM for EEPROM command, is the FERSTAT[DFDIF] flag set or not?

Thank you,

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello everyone,

Is there some new information?

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the feedback,

I'm asking because according to the S32K1xx Safety Manual rev.5, the flag should be set.

However, it was already discussed in the thread below and it seems like the flag should not be set (which was apparently confirmed with design).

S32K EEPROM failure detection

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K1-KEA-Internal-Community/S32K-EEPROM-failure-detection/m-p/682982

I have posted the question there along with a snippet from the safety manual but nobody has responded.

I have no testing code as it is not possible to simulate a double-bit ECC error detection in the EEE backup. 

Regards,

Daniel

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel

According to the Reference Manual:

When the FlexNVM region is configured as Emulated EEPROM, any single-bit ECC
errors are automatically corrected before copying data into EEERAM at the read access
from Emulated EEPROM, and any double-bit ECC errors on valid Emulated EEPROM
locations which containing data that need to be copied to EEERAM are reflected as the
corresponding data records left as all 1's in EEERAM.

So, you should see FERSTAT[DFDIF] Flag set.

Is this what you are referring? or could you explain in more detail the issue that you are facing? also, could you share the code that you are using and how are you seeing the problem?

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos