cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable emios channel pwm output

Jump to solution
fengba_360
Contributor III

hello,I want to disable PWM output on a specific channel of EMIOS. Can I achieve this through a function? Could you please tell me how to do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fengba_360 

Is it possible to achieve it by writing to registers? Yes

If so, could you please tell me the specific plan? Mainly to disable an EMIOS channel you have to clear control register 2 and stop clock for Channel, clear control register for Channel and clear An and Bn registers (refer to section 63.8.6 of the S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 8). There could be additional steps but deppends on some channel configurations (steps are explained in detail in Emios_Pwm_Ip_DeInitChannel() function). 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fengba_360 

The Emios_Pwm_Ip driver (low-level driver) has a function called Emios_Pwm_Ip_DeInitChannel() that resets the eMIOS channel to GPIO mode (default reset). Otherwise, the PWM driver (high-level driver/MCAL) does not have a similar function.

BR, VaneB

0 Kudos
fengba_360
Contributor III
Is it possible to achieve it by writing to registers? If so, could you please tell me the specific plan?
thanks!
0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fengba_360 

Is it possible to achieve it by writing to registers? Yes

If so, could you please tell me the specific plan? Mainly to disable an EMIOS channel you have to clear control register 2 and stop clock for Channel, clear control register for Channel and clear An and Bn registers (refer to section 63.8.6 of the S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 8). There could be additional steps but deppends on some channel configurations (steps are explained in detail in Emios_Pwm_Ip_DeInitChannel() function). 

0 Kudos