cannot connect to S32K148 board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect to S32K148 board

miyazaki_0728_4
Contributor I

I am using S32K148 Evaluation board. I could connect the board without any problem. Now, I cannot connect the board.

When trying to download firmware, the following windows always appears:

pastedImage_1.png

And though pushing retry button, it repeatedly appears. As the result, it cannot download the firmware.

I have tried Free MASTER 2.0 if it can detect the board. However, FreeMASTER also cannot detect the board.

pastedImage_2.png

The board LED status can be found at the following picture:

pastedImage_4.png

LED D11 always turns on. I cannot remember if the LED always turns on or off.

Could you please help me to recover the connection? If any other information is needed, please let me know. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

miyazaki_0728_4
Contributor I

Hi Jorge

I don't think that I set up the Security section and CSEC. I have ran NXP's AUTOSAR OS 4.0 on the board. I am not sure if AUTOSAR OS 4.0 has something doing related both the Security section and CSEC. However, I have ran it for many times and I didn't see this problem.

If the board has locked, what steps to unlock the board? Can I try it?

Best Regards,

--

Hideki Miyazaki

0 Kudos

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

Was this issue ever resolved?

I have just run an AUTOSAR MCAL small program (I'm evaluating) on my board and the debugger does not see the board any more. The reset LED is not on all the time but it comes on whenever the debugger tries to connect and the connection fails. I've tried jLink debugger too - same thing.

0 Kudos

miyazaki_0728_4
Contributor I

Hi Jorge

Thank you for your help.

I re-installed OpenSDA firmware and updated P&E Micro. I am able to see the S32K148EVB in my PC. However, I am still seeing the same problem.

Best Regards,

--

Hideki Miyazaki

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HIDEKI MIYAZAKI

With the jumper settings that you have and the OpenSDA and PEMicro drivers updated you shouldn't see any problem. When you were able to flash the Board before, did you setup something related with the Security section? or something related to CSEC? it could be that your board has locked. Are you able to test the board on another computer? this would help to discard any issue related to the PC used.

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HIDEKI MIYAZAKI

The LED D11 is the reset indicator, it means that your MCU is constantly in the reset state, this could mean that your MCU is empty and it doesn't run anything, or there could be a problem with the hardware. Are you able to see the S32K148EVB in your PC?

Also, could you corroborate that you have all the updates from P&EMicro? (Help->check for updates) also, please reinstall the OpenSDA firmware for the P&EMicro interface (connect the board with the reset button pressed and drag and drop openSDA firmware).

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos