UART DMA S32K3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART DMA S32K3

darrellsoftware
Contributor I

Hi, i am trying to configure a S32DS model example that uses DMA and UART and i was wondering of the usage of the specific functions inside the Mcl that address Dma, like SetDma ChannelTransferList or SetDmaChannelCommand? I saw the example within S32DS and others from the community, but aren't used these functions? Why? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @darrellsoftware 

A User Manual and an Integration Manual are provided with the RTDs. These documents provide details about the MCL driver (limitations, HW and SW requirements, usage, configurations, etc.) with MCAL. These can be found, for example: C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3\RTD\Mcl_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\doc (S32DS updatesite) or as C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07\eclipse\plugins\Mcl_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\doc (file installed by RTD.exe). 

BR, VaneB.

0 Kudos

darrellsoftware
Contributor I

Hi @VaneB I understand that and I have read the documentation. although I was wondering the need of these functions, as far as i understand when using DMA just to transfer form a buffer address to another buffer address, these functions are needed to specifically set the addresses. But as I've seen some examples in RTD 3.0.0 in UART DMA examples these DMA specific functions were not used, so the addresses are known automatically and these functions are not needed? This is my question. Thanks.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @darrellsoftware 

The use of these functions depends on your application. We do not use all the functions in the example code because they only demonstrate the basic uses of the controller.

IMPORTANT: To use these functions, you must be aware of the MCL DMA controller state machine. See section 3.6.2 (Channel State Machine) of the User Manual for S32K3 MCL Driver.

0 Kudos