The difference between Flexio_Spi_IpAsyncTransmit and Flexio_Spi_Ip_SyncTransmit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The difference between Flexio_Spi_IpAsyncTransmit and Flexio_Spi_Ip_SyncTransmit

victory
Contributor III
Dear NXP: 1. Please recommend a routine that uses Flexio_Spi as the Spi master. 2. When using the Flexio_Spi module, should the Spi master node use the Flexio_Spi_Ip_AsyncTransmit function or the Flexio_Spi_Ip_syncTransmit function?
0 Kudos
6 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @victory 

1. Please recommend a routine that uses Flexio_Spi as the Spi master. The S32K3 Real-Time Drivers Versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, provide a low-level (Ip) and high-level (MCAL) example codes named Lpspi_Flexio_Ip_Transfer and Spi_Transfer. These examples emulates a master SPI using FlexIO and the LPSPI is configured as slave.

2. When using the Flexio_Spi module, should the Spi master node use the Flexio_Spi_Ip_AsyncTransmit function or the Flexio_Spi_Ip_syncTransmit function? Synchronous serial communication is based on synchronized clocks between devices; Otherwise, in asynchronous serial communication, the transmission time interval is not constant.

BR, VaneB

0 Kudos

victory
Contributor III

Hi,

1.I use Real-Time Drivers Versions 4.0.0 now,please send me Real-Time Drivers Versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, provide a low-level (Ip) and high-level (MCAL) example codes named Lpspi_Flexio_Ip_Transfer and Spi_Transfer.

2.Does SPI master node usually use Flexio_Spi_Ip_syncTransmit?

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @victory 

1. I use Real-Time Drivers Versions 4.0.0 now,please send me Real-Time Drivers Versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, provide a low-level (Ip) and high-level (MCAL) example codes named Lpspi_Flexio_Ip_Transfer and Spi_Transfer. All available RTD versions can be downloaded from S32K3 Standard Software > Automotive SW - S32K3/S32M27x - Real-Time Drivers for Cortex-M. 

NOTE: All these versions were developed and tested on S32DS version 3.4.

2. Does SPI master node usually use Flexio_Spi_Ip_syncTransmit? Asynchronous or synchronous transmission does not depend on whether it is master or slave, it depends on whether there is a clock line as a reference between the devices.

VaneB_0-1720715386669.png

VaneB_1-1720715395898.png

0 Kudos

victory
Contributor III

Hi,Vaneb

Can the S32DS 3.5 install RTD2.0.0 and RTD4.0.0 at the same time?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @victory 

RTD versions 2.0.X (2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 or 2.0.3) were developed and tested in S32DS version 3.4, so its functionality is not guaranteed in other IDE versions. Please download the corresponding IDE version.

0 Kudos

victory
Contributor III

The problem has been solved!

Thanks!

0 Kudos