cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S32K312 library in the S32K HSE Demo App is an old version

Furkan07
Contributor II

Hi,
I'm trying to make a HSE application using the S32K312 MCU. I'm running HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_6_0 on my board (with S32DS). The application runs successfully. Key loading, ecb encrypt, cbc encrypt functions all work correctly.

When I transfer the codes in the Demo App to my own project it does not work. Because the S32K312 library used in the demo app is "Rev. 1.1" but the library I use is "Rev 1.4".
S32K312_lib_1.jpgS32K312_lib_2.jpg

For example, the stm_irq function in the DEMO App is incompatible with Rev 1.4. For many similar incompatibilities, the codes or libraries need to be changed.

stm_irq_func.jpg

Is there an example of HSE that I can use without having to change any code or libraries?

2 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Furkan07 

Depending on your HSE FW version, it will depend on which version of RTDs it is compatible with. For example, the S32K3 Real-Time Drivers Version 2.0.2 release notes in section 2.1 (Release Details) mentioned the supported FW versions.

VaneB_0-1699987574807.png

Check the release notes of the RTD version to verify if your HSE FW version is supported.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

Furkan07
Contributor II

The nature of C, C++ languages and embedded software engineering is always to include "forward compatible". Unfortunately, NXP ignored forward compatibility when making these libraries. That's why an old HSE version doesn't work with a new RTD. Having to use an older version of the RTD version to use HSE could be a "fatal error" situation for embedded SW engineering.

At the very least, it would have been better if RTD and its other parts were developed in parallel and released at the same time. It is not easy to apply such changes, especially in companies that do software documentation and application lifecycle management.

Tags (2)