Storing changes to a linker file within an S32DS S32K144 project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing changes to a linker file within an S32DS S32K144 project

teccl
Contributor II

I am developing a project for a S32K144-based system using S32DS 3.4 on Windows. When creating a new project, the linker file used for the project is stored within the following directory (rather than within the "<project>/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/" directory):

"C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.3\platform\devices\S32K144\linker\gcc"

I can see the linker file within the "<project>/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/" directory in the IDE, but it does not actually exist there (as seen in the file explorer). (Again, it exists in the "C:\NXP\S32DS3.4\..." directory.) Here is an example using the flexcan_encrypted_s32k144 demo project:

teccl_0-1715625382170.png

teccl_1-1715625450450.png

I would like to store the linker file within the project itself so that changes may be reflected on github. To do so, I have navigated to Properties → C/C++Build → Settings → Standard S32DS C Linker → General and updated the "Script file (-T)" from "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/S32K144_64_flash.ld}" (default) to "../Project_Settings/Linker_Files/S32K144_64_flash.ld". Then, I copied a modified linker file to the "<project>/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/" directory. This allows the project to use the modified linker file rather than the default one, as desired. However, the files listed under "<project>/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/" when viewed using the IDE are still the linker files located at the "C:\NXP\S32DS3.4\..." directory rather than the linker files located within the project. (I.e., if I open one of the files listed here, it opens the file that is stored at "C:\NXP\S32DS3.4\...".)

How can I update the project so that the files listed under the "<project>/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/" directory within the IDE are actually the files that are located within my project?

0 Kudos
0 Replies