SBC modes with LIN Listen-only

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBC modes with LIN Listen-only

davidrojasv
Contributor I

Hello everyone. I am working with a S32K148EVB-Q176 that contains a UJA1131 SBC.

My goal is to make the SBC turn off the micro until some LIN message occurs that makes it turn on again.

In Standby mode: (1) V1 is on, and (2) LIN is in listen-only mode.
In Sleep mode: (1) V1 is off, and (2) LIN is off.

A simple solution is to power the micro with V2 and work with the Standby mode, however I wonder if there is any reason for the SBC to keep the micro powered by V1 and at the same time the LIN is in listen-only mode.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Standby is first low power mode which keeps V1 active, thus MCU stays powered and can be switched to low power mode too. So consumption can be reduced comparing to normal modes and wakeup can b faster than from sleep mode and unpowered MCU.
LIN transceiver can be in offline mode, where it monitors a bus for wakeup pattern after that wakeup event is triggered. Pin RXDLx is driven LOW and an LWIn interrupt is generated to signal to the microcontroller that a remote wake-up event has been detected.
If LIN transceiver is set to Listen only mode, LIN receiver remains active, allowing the microcontroller to monitor activity on the bus while not transmitting.

BR, Petr 

0 Kudos