Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k:NVM Skip Writing of Unchanged Data

Jump to solution
ZEROOO
Contributor IV

Hi

What does NVM do if the NVM module data does not change?I used FLASH_DRV_EEEWrite to write eeprom, and found that there is a code to write eeprom directly in FLASH_DRV_WaitEEWriteToFinish function.

In the figure, line 1530 has the code to assign the eeprom address, here I want to know whether the operation will be repeated to this address (write)? Does this not affect the service life of the eeprom.

ZEROOO_0-1699955496715.png

For the data that has not changed, how does NVM skip, what is the specific processing mechanism of this piece, is not FLASH_DRV_WaitEEWriteToFinish for this piece of assignment operation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This device use HW EEPROM emulation and access to FlexNVM is indirrect over FlexRAM address space. It is quite probable than if written data are equal to what is internally stored in FlexNVM in a record that stores that address, data are not written.
But I cannot answer definitely as EEPROM HW state machine is not openly documented.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which specific device is your question related to?

0 Kudos
ZEROOO
Contributor IV

Hi

The chip is S32k144.

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This device use HW EEPROM emulation and access to FlexNVM is indirrect over FlexRAM address space. It is quite probable than if written data are equal to what is internally stored in FlexNVM in a record that stores that address, data are not written.
But I cannot answer definitely as EEPROM HW state machine is not openly documented.