S32K344 motor control dual sampling and dual updating

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 motor control dual sampling and dual updating

jiafeimao
Contributor III

I use S32K344 for permanent magnet synchronous motor control. In the six PWM links, I use central alignment mode and update the new duty cycle at the overflow and underflow points, as shown in the green "Reload" in the following figure. Can this be achieved on S32K344?

jiafeimao_0-1719484355264.png

Detailed explanation: I need to update the duty cycle value twice within one PWM cycle, with the update point at the overflow time of the up count and the overflow time of the down count.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jiafeimao,

My apologies for the late response. You might find useful the following application note: 3-phase Sensorless PMSM Motor Control Kit with S32K344. Chapter 4.1.3 describes timing and modules synchronization. 

Julin_AragnM_0-1720478020439.png

The eMIOS module plays a role of the real time timer/counter. Within the control loop it is responsible for generation of PWM signal (period, duty cycle), generation of the trigger for analogue data capturing in the precise moment or counting edges of encoder signal.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

jiafeimao
Contributor III

Addendum: Is it feasible to call the "Emios_Pwm_Ip_SyncUpdate(uint8 Instance)" function in interrupts generated at the time of overflow up and overflow down?

jiafeimao_0-1719542521147.png

0 Kudos