cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 Sampleprojects run into a hardware fault

JoDo
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with a S32K344 controller and a S32K3x4EVB_Q257 Evalboard. When I load a compiled sample project from the S32K3 RTD package, the controller runs into a hardware error. When I load the same project into RAM, everything is fine.

I did some debugging and there seems to be a problem with the clock tree, specifically the PLL configuration. However, the Clock_Ip_DistributePll() function in the Clock_ip.c file is causing the hardware error (but not in RAM debugging mode).

I used a new workspace and several sample projects from the S32K3 RTD package (v1.0. Code Drop 01).

Does anyone have any idea what can cause this behavior?

thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

st_ra
Contributor II

Hi, I have similar problem.. Not example but my project also using Clock_Ip and first time with Debug Flash everything works fine. Second time I get bus and hard fault. I have to reset board than and again it will work once than hard fault..

0 Kudos

kranthi
Contributor I

Hi, 

For me also getting same issue for I2C, CAN and UART example programs. It is going to HardFault_Handler. Did anyone know the issue?

Thank you

Kranthi

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it is some particular example or all of them? I got some issue with ADC example - the example ends in exception. But other examples works okay. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

JoDo
Contributor III

Hello,

as @kranthi wrote, I have the same exception in several examples e.g. in UART "LpuartFlexio_Uart_Ip_Example_S32K344". But the Hard Fault Exception only occurs when the project is loaded into the FLASH. Loading the same project into RAM does not generate an exception.

0 Kudos