cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 S32DS Peripheral tool -- Problems

kyf
Contributor V

Hello NXP team!

1. Does anyone know why I've got those problems poped-up at the peripheral utility of my project ?

kyf_0-1680594661079.png

2. Is there any way I can solve them ?

3. The weird thing is that the drivers and new generated files are added into my project despite the warning messages "...Project will not compile!"

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
10 Replies

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @cuongnguyenphu again.

I've wanted to ask if you know how the RTD, configuration utility (pin,periph,clocks) and .mex file are connected. Is there any RTD folder path included in the .cproject ?

We have implemented a change. We have created a folder and we have included all the RTD drivers there. And instead of using the RTD drivers generated from .mex + utility we are using our custom folder.

Can you point me the direction that I should look into ? I believe that something is caused to wrong include paths.

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos

cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @kyf ,
I imported your .mex file to a new blank project and able to fix the issue  reported by click on "Add SDK component...". I've also check the S32DS and RTD version installed, and it's the same with your environment. So I think you should re-install S32DS 3.4 Update 3 to see if the issue still happend

About your question regarding the link between RTD, .mex and Configuration tool:
- .mex file stores all your configuration of IPs or Drivers in S32CT (Configuration Tool) for your configuration. When clicking on "Update code" button. S32DS tool will generate configurate source code (.c and .h) for your configuration. The path of template file will see in S32DS installation "components" directory : (i.e C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\mcu_data\components\PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03)

- After clicking on "Update code" button, a folder name "RTD" will be added into your project:

cuongnguyenphu_0-1683545769604.png
this folder contains src and include files base on IPs and Drivers you configured in S32CT. The resource of this folder is from S32DS installation "S32DS\software" path (i.e C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03\SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203)

0 Kudos

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @cuongnguyenphu . Thank you for reaching out.

In my project RTD are not generated as they should. I don't know which depedency is missing that causes this behavior.

This is happening only for this specific project that I'm working. All new projects or other projects that I have myself created works as it should (mex, drivers, tools, code generator etc).

I can share with you a screenshot from the project properties that I've noticed that it is different with other projects.

Project with problem:

kyf_1-1683883414919.png

Project without problem:

kyf_3-1683883515304.png

I have used diff tool to find the difference between the two .cproject .project files but I could not locate this part with the SDK. That's why I've asked about the RTDs-mex-Poject depentencies and include paths.

Regards,

kyf

0 Kudos

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @cuongnguyenphu .

Did you check my .mex file ? Is there anything wrong with it ?

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @cuongnguyenphu I've uploaded my .mex file in the above ticket.

0 Kudos

kyf
Contributor V

Hell @cuongnguyenphu .

I'm sorry for the big delay into replying. Here are the screenshots from SDK version and the installed SW in S32DS IDE:

kyf_0-1682600152123.png

kyf_1-1682600184005.png

Regarding the .mex file I can share it but because it's company's project there are some limitations. Is it possible for you to provide me a private ticket in order to exchange the .mex file ?

Kind regards,

Kostas.

0 Kudos

cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @kyf ,
This thread on community is linked with a ticket on support.nxp.com number 00528907, you can check your ticket on that channel and share your .mex file in that ticket.

0 Kudos

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @cuongnguyenphu .

Thank you for reaching out. I've tried to apply your first suggestion but the option "Add SDK component..." is missing.

kyf_0-1681809470485.png

The second suggestions of yours I have already tried before and it does update the code but the problems shown before persist.

kyf_1-1681809557389.png

I've tried to use this button also but it didn't work.

kyf_4-1681809727595.png

The S32DS IDE version that I'm using is this:

kyf_3-1681809688845.png

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos

cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is RTD version you're using?
Just to make sure, I assume that you have installed "S32K3 Development package" and the "RTD driver" the same version with the version needed in your .mex for this S32K344 target already.
Let's snapshot your installed package by click on Help>Installation details of your S32DS tool:

cuongnguyenphu_0-1681876597473.png

cuongnguyenphu_1-1681876710229.png

And It would help if you can send to me your .mex file to check from my side if needed

0 Kudos

cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

How did you do when creating the project. This issue sometime happen when you import .mex file to a plain project.
To fix it, just simply right-click add choose "Add SDK component ..."
Or click on Update code button, it will automatically add these modules and generate code.

cuongnguyenphu_0-1681145798687.png

0 Kudos