S32K344 MCU Standby Mode Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 MCU Standby Mode Configuration

YashB
Contributor I

Can Anyone share a EB tresos Configurations for S32K344 with Standby Mode Configurations. I am a bit confused at my end. Do i need to configure two modes - RUN and STANDBY ? If possible please share a tresos configuration for the same

@danielmartynek Can you please help on this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

YashB
Contributor I

Hi @danielmartynek

I tried running the GPIO Wkpu example "S32K344_GPIO_Wkup_S32DS_3_4_RTD_MCAL_2_0" . Since i didn't have the 172 pin EVB, I tried to run it with the S32K3X4EVB-Q257 SCH-47827 REV-A . When I flashed the .elf file onto the HW using Lauterbach in PowerDownRecoverMode , it shows "running(power down)" without even pressing the button to initiate the Standby mode. Also the HW has a min consumption of around 68-70mA, which is not correct. 

0 Kudos

YashB
Contributor I

Hello  @danielmartynek 

I did some configuration changes in my existing project.

A short overview of my project- "We are trying to get the NFC 3321 to work with MCU Standby Mode"

So far the NFC  chip is working perfectly fine in the RUN mode. I am attaching the project so you can see that we have configured Standby in MCU Mode Configuration in EBTresos. 

Ideally we have NFC_IRQ that should wake up the system but since NFC chip is powered by GPIO. Is it possible that pin is getting disabled after we run the Standby  command in our code?

P.S. Also I was unable to create a support ticket. Is there something wrong on the server side

0 Kudos

nxf47391
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi YashB, If you call Mcu_SetMode(McuModeSettingConf_Standby), MCU will enter standby mode. I think we can call Mcu_SetMode(McuModeSettingConf_Standby) after generating a event and it is not directedly call Mcu_SetMode(McuModeSettingConf_Standby) after initializing MCU clock. You do not configurate IcuWkpu, so MCU will not wakeup by any event. Thanks! BR, Shunag
0 Kudos

YashB
Contributor I

Did you get a chance to review this?

@danielmartynek @cuongnguyenphu @nxf47391  

0 Kudos

YashB
Contributor I

Hello @danielmartynek , I do not have the RTD v2.0.0 required to view this. Can you send me the link for the same. I am unable to open the links to the S32K344 RTD software , it redirects me to the login page.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

YashB
Contributor I

Hi @Danielmartynek, I tried the above projects onto the S32K344 SCH-47827 REV A EVB. I could not get them to run. The GPIO example shows "running (Power Down)" but it doesn't switches to the standby state or the wakeup state using the Push Buttons.

YashB_1-1683106489824.png

@jiri_kral @cuongnguyenphu  

0 Kudos

nxf47391
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi YashB,

You can check VDD_HV_A current after showing "running (Power Down)" . VDD_HV_A current should be about 60uA  after showing "running (Power Down)". If you enable Low-power debug in Trace32, Trace32 debugger will not be automatically disconnect after entering standby mode and will show "running (Power Down)".  

Thanks!

BR,

Shuang

0 Kudos