Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K314 Linker Script issue

Jump to solution
biju_nair
Contributor III

Hi,

I have created a new project for S32K314 MCU using S32K-Design Studio 3.5 and created a simple FreeRTOS project to blink an LED. I have taken the sample code for LED blinking from S32K312 project for this purpose.

After building the image, i have loaded this image into a new S32K314 based board, which we have build and i see that the image crash on bootup. However, when i changed the linker script and used the linker script of S32K312, i see that the device is booted up successfully and working as expected.

So the question is, can someone share the correct linker script for S32K314 controller ? Is there any defect in the linker script, which is autogenerated by S32K-DS 3.5 version ? I badly need this as i need to include a lot of library code, which need more SRAM and DTCM memory for my project.

Any help is highly appreciable.

Regards, Biju

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @biju_nair,

Do you mean it does not work with the attached linker file?

Thanks,

Daniel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Biju,

The S32K314 is basically an S32K344 with just one core, both have the same maskset.

Please use the S32K344 FreeRTOS project instead.

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos
biju_nair
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I tried the K344 project, but it failed to boot. Attached is the screenshot of the debugger output.

Regards, Biju

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Biju,

Do you use the S32K314 linker?

0 Kudos
biju_nair
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

As i couldn't find any sample project for S32K314 controller, i used the S32K312 project linker script. With that, i am able to build the image and load the image successfully into my S32K314 based hardware. Later based on advice from the community, i used the sample S32K344 project that was available in the SDK and tried loading this into my S32K314 hardware and it crashed on bootup. Now the issue is, as S32K312 linker script has a small memory map, i am not able to fully use the memory of S32K314, as it has more memory. So it will be nice, if there is a working S32K314 linker script with more memory, so that i can work without any memory constraints.

Appreciate a response.

Regards, Biju

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @biju_nair,

Do you mean it does not work with the attached linker file?

Thanks,

Daniel

biju_nair
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

This script worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards, Biju

0 Kudos