cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 Receive Multiple CAN messages using single MailBox

Akhil1
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to receive Multiple CAN messages using single MailBox, But I am not able to receive it, Can anyone please help me to understand about Mailbox, Masking and filters and solve this issue?

Regards

Akhil

0 Kudos
3 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you can refer to https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K-Knowledge-Base/S32K1xx-FlexCAN-Mask-Setting-Demo/ta-p/1519753
It is for S32K1 using SDK, but principle is same.
You have ID defined in the MB ID word, which is going to be matched with the ID to be received. Then you have corresponding mask acceptance register which defines which bit of the ID is compared or not, there is bit to bit correspondence between MB ID mask and received ID. .

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

Akhil1
Contributor I

Hi @PetrS ,

I am not able to understand about the MailBox, How to configure multiple messages to one mailbox?

FlexCAN_Ip_SetRxMaskType(INST_FLEXCAN_0,FLEXCAN_RX_MASK_INDIVIDUAL);
FlexCAN_Ip_SetRxIndividualMask_Privileged(INST_FLEXCAN_0,RX_MB_IDX_0,0xFFFFFFFF); //Mask
rx_info.is_polling = FALSE;
rx_info.msg_id_type = FLEXCAN_MSG_ID_STD;
FlexCAN_Ip_ConfigRxMb(INST_FLEXCAN_0, RX_MB_IDX_0, &rx_info, 0x122); //0x122 is Message ID
FlexCAN_Ip_ConfigRxMb(INST_FLEXCAN_0, RX_MB_IDX_0, &rx_info, 0x124);
FlexCAN_Ip_ConfigRxMb(INST_FLEXCAN_0, RX_MB_IDX_0, &rx_info, 0x126);

Here, how can I add the SetRxIndividualMask_Privileged Mask value?

How can I configure FlexCAN_Ip_ConfigRxMb message ID?

can you please help me?

Regards

Akhil

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MB ID is set using FlexCAN_Ip_ConfigRxMb function. In your example using std. ID and individual masking scheme set std.ID=0x126 using
FlexCAN_Ip_ConfigRxMb(INST_FLEXCAN_0, RX_MB_IDX_0, &rx_info, 0x126); // set MB std ID = 0x126 

If all mask bits are set a message with exact matched ID is received, so only std.ID 0x126 FlexCAN_Ip_SetRxIndividualMask_Privileged(INST_FLEXCAN_0,RX_MB_IDX_0,0x7FF<<18); // Mask = 0x7FF

If all mask bits are cleared all std.ID messages will be received into RX_MB_IDX_0 FlexCAN_Ip_SetRxIndividualMask_Privileged(INST_FLEXCAN_0,RX_MB_IDX_0,0x0<<18); // Mask = 0x0

You can also create ID range to be received
FlexCAN_Ip_SetRxIndividualMask_Privileged(INST_FLEXCAN_0,RX_MB_IDX_0,0x7FC<<18); // Mask = 0x7FC
Here messages with ID range 0x124-0x127 are received, lower 2 bits are don't care.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos