Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312-How to get the address that triggered the exception

Jump to solution
Simon-Liu
Contributor IV

Hello

If an exception occurs during operation, exception handling will be triggered. I want to get the trigger source of the triggered exception in exception handling, such as the address that triggered the exception. How to get it?

BestRegards,

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As for documentation/guidelines available under the S32K product, we are not seeing anything on regards of the second point. Since this does not seem dependent on S32K or NXP, we can recommend looking into the available information outside of NXP, like the link below:

How to debug a HardFault on an ARM Cortex-M MCU | Interrupt (memfault.com)

Again, this is outside of the available NXP documentation, but there should available information on other sites. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You are referring to knowing the specific address in which the exception was triggered, is this correct?

If so, Is this under a debug session? Or under which conditions?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Simon-Liu
Contributor IV

Hello @Daniel-Aguirre 

1. Yes, I'm referring to knowing the specific address that triggers the exception. For example, if an out-of-bounds situation occurs in a function and an exception is triggered, I want to know the address of this function.
2. Not under a debug session, I'm referring to knowing the specific address under normal operation and then print it through the serial port or record it in DataFlash.

BestRegards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As for documentation/guidelines available under the S32K product, we are not seeing anything on regards of the second point. Since this does not seem dependent on S32K or NXP, we can recommend looking into the available information outside of NXP, like the link below:

How to debug a HardFault on an ARM Cortex-M MCU | Interrupt (memfault.com)

Again, this is outside of the available NXP documentation, but there should available information on other sites. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Simon-Liu
Contributor IV

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre 

Thank you for your answer, I will refer to it.

BestRegards

Simon

0 Kudos