cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 HSE update NVM key

Jump to solution
rakketi
Contributor II

Hi! I'm using an S32K312 together with HSE_B FW (2.6.0).

Right now I'm trying to import and update a AES key into key catalogue through HSE.

The first time when I set the key I receive  HSE_SRV_RSP_OK from HSE with the following key info: 

key_info.keyType = HSE_KEY_TYPE_AES;
key_info.keyFlags = (uint16_t)(HSE_KF_USAGE_ENCRYPT | HSE_KF_USAGE_DECRYPT | HSE_KF_USAGE_SIGN | HSE_KF_USAGE_VERIFY);
key_info.keyBitLen = 128;
key_info.keyCounter = 0;

I have verifed that the key is correct inside the HSE with AES calculations on the HW and external testing.

From my understanding I should be able to update the key value if I update keyCounter to exactly 1 from the previous key, which in my case should be 1 (I have tried multiple other numbers as well). But I receive response HSE_SRV_RSP_NOT_ALLOWED. 

The key catalogue is formatted to be HSE_KEY_OWNER_CUST, AES and correct size otherwise I wouldnt be able to import it in the first time.

I know that I'm CUST SuperUser as well (Hse Status = 0xb60). 

I dont know what can be wrong? I dont set write protection and debug protection... any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rakketi 

Sorry for the late response.

As the HSE information is under NDA, Could you please help me by creating a support ticket? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rakketi 

Sorry for the late response.

As the HSE information is under NDA, Could you please help me by creating a support ticket? 

0 Kudos