cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 HSE_SWT_RST issue

Yiming2
Contributor III

hello all

we just found that when the MCU is power up, it would be continuously reset 6 times at the beginning, after 6 times it would be going into normal status,HSE seems work correctly after continuous 6 times . and we also read the reason of reset, it showed that HSE_SWT_RST. We don't know why it would reset 6 times.  Note : We did install the HSE-firmware for random number generation. The MCU we are using is S32K312. but we also check the HSE_CLK=60MHz and Core_CLK=120MHz AIPS_SLOW_CLK=30. And also checked the DCF config the CLK option is "00". We don't know why HSE_SWT is triggered 6 times. How to fix this issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Yiming2 
I saw in the past that HSE SW RST could be triggered on S32K312 if the clocks are not configured appropriately. But it seems to be OK according to your description. Could you try to configure the clocks after the HSE_STATUS_INIT_OK bit gets set in the FSR of any of the MU? Does it make a difference?
Regards,
Lukas

0 Kudos

Yiming2
Contributor III

hello, @lukaszadrapa 

I think it is related with clock setting. because when I don't do the Clock seting, the reset shall not be happen. So I want to know the reason.(IVT seq_boot = disable. So PLL in boot stage is also not worked, and the clock settings in DCM are also not worked.)

1:HSE shall always use FIRC to run or just start from FIRC and it shall switch to PLL once PLL is avaiable?(Is it automatically done before enter to application?)

2:When does the clock source used by HSE shall be switched to PLL from FIRC?

3:And if it causes a reset by HSE when clock source switched to PLL from FIRC?

4:When should we configure the clocks for our application to use?(The timing)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Yiming2 

the system runs from FIRC after reset by default. Clock should be initialized using this procedure:

lukaszadrapa_0-1720426236805.png

To change HSE_CLK, it's important to wait till HSE is in idle state:

lukaszadrapa_1-1720426290727.png

and

lukaszadrapa_2-1720426298021.png

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Yiming2
Contributor III

hello @lukaszadrapa 

thanks for your solution . We tried this method. It seems worked for power up (cold start). But when we performed a functional reset, it still caused one more time reset, the reason show that   HSE_SWT_RST caused this reset.  is there any other checks for this issues?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you share your exact clock configuration? What is the crystal frequency?

0 Kudos

Yiming2
Contributor III

Hello, @lukaszadrapa  here it is the current configurations of CLK

PLL_VCO: 640MHz

PLL_PHI1: 64MHz

PLL_PHI0_CLK: 80MHz

CORE_CLK(=PLL_PHI0_CLK): 80MHz

AIPS_PLAT_CLK: 40MHz

AIPS_SLOW_CLK: 40MHz

HSE_CLK: 80MHz

DCF_CLK: 20MHz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please take a look at this post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/HSE-provides-RSP-NOT-SUPPORTED-response/m-p/1712323/highlight/true...

I can see it's a question from your colleague.

I have never met a case when 80MHz is used, only 60MHz or 120MHz (only these two frequencies are mentioned in all the tables). And 120MHz can be set only in a way as described in the post. 80MHz is the same case, most likely. Can you try to use 60MHz only for HSE_CLK? I'm sure this will make the difference.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos