S32K3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3

ye_jiawei
Contributor I

I want to use Jlink on S32K344, but the current board simulation is not normal, I want to know when it can be resolved?

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ye_jiawei

For now, J-LINK does not support for S32K3 in S32 Design Studio, and I have confirmed with the AE team, the specific release time is unclear.         

The latest Ozone provided by Segger's official website supports S32K3, and colleagues from AE have confirmed this.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos

ye_jiawei
Contributor I

I have tried to use Ozone for simulation, but there was still a hardware error at the beginning. Could you please help me ask what is the wrong setting or what is the problem?  Thank you!

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ye_jiawei

Can you describe the problem you encountered clearly? For example, screenshots or debug Log information. I will help you record the current problem.

As I know so far, S32K3 does not fully support Segger.  If there is an update, I will notify you in time.

update:‎05-18-2021

Senlent_0-1636427998948.png

BR!

Jim,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ye_jiawei
Contributor I

The following two graphs are debug error messages.

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ye_jiawei

According to the description of the debugger error exception message.

https://wiki.segger.com/Cortex-M_Fault#HardFault_Status_Register_.28HFSR.29 

UsageFault Status Register (UFSR)

The UFSR is a 16-bit pseudo-register, part of the Configurable Fault Status Register (CFSR) at address 0xE000ED28. It can also be directly accessed with halfword access to 0xE000ED2A.

Bitfields:

[9] DIVBYZERO  - If 1, SDIV or UDIV instruction executed with divisor 0.
[8] UNALIGNED  - If 1, LDM, STM, LDRD, STRD on unaligned address executed, or single load or store executed when enabled to trap.
[3] NOCP       - If 1, access to unsupported (e.g. not available or not enabled) coprocessor.
[2] INVPC      - If 1, illegal or invalid EXC_RETURN value load to PC.
[1] INVSTATE   - If 1, execution in invalid state. E.g. Thumb bit not set in EPSR, or invalid IT state in EPSR.
[0] UNDEFINSTR - If 1, execution of undefined instruction.

UsageFault Examples

Undefined Instruction Execution

/*********************************************************************
*       _UndefInst()
*  Function description
*   Trigger a UsageFault or HardFault by executing an undefined instruction.
*  Additional Information
*    UsageFault is triggered on execution at the invalid address.
*    Related registers on hard fault:
*      HFSR = 0x40000000
*        FORCED = 1           - UsageFault escalated to HardFault
*      UFSR = 0x0001
*        UNDEFINSTR = 1       - Undefined instruction executed
*/
static int _UndefInst(void) {
  static const unsigned short _UDF[4] = {0xDEAD, 0xDEAD, 0xDEAD, 0xDEAD}; // 0xDEAD: UDF #<imm> (permanently undefined)
  int r;
  int (*pF)(void);

pF = (int(*)(void))(((char*)&_UDF) + 1);
  //  4B05        ldr r3, =0x08001C18 <_UDF> <- Load address of "RAM Code" instructions
  //  3301        adds r3, #1                <- Make sure Thumb bit is set
  r = pF();
  //  4798        blx r3                     <- Call "RAM Code", will execute UDF instruction and raise exception
  //  9000        str r0, [sp]
  return r;
}

It seems that this is not a problem caused by the debugger, please check if the code has similar problems.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos

ye_jiawei
Contributor I

I used the program of SDK package, which has the same problem, but these programs can run normally through PE. I hope you can help solve it. We basically used JLINK for debugging in the later stage.  Thank you very much!  

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ye_jiawei

I will report your questions to the AE team, and I will update you in time.

Thank you for your feedback.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos

ye_jiawei
Contributor I

Ok, thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ye_jiawei

I communicated with members of the AE team that the routines in the IDE do not yet support J-LINK. It may be supported in the next version. If there is a new message, I will notify you via email.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos