cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3-T-BOX for DSRC

joshfx
Contributor II

Hi,

I have Cohda MK6 RSU and s32k3 t box. Can I make them communicate through Dedicated-short Range Communication(DSRC). Or do you recommend any OBU with DSRC technology?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

avanluijpen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as I am aware, the S32K3 T-box does not come equipped with a DSRC Modem. 

What you would need, is a DSRC Modem Module with NXP's SAF5400, such as the Spectrum59's Smart Antenna Unit V2X (See https://spectrumfiftynine.com/), which could hook up to one of the 100Base-T1 ports of the T-box.

You'll have some work ahead of you, because you will need to port the cw-llc Linux kernel driver from Cohda's MK6 unit (provided that do you have access to their MKx SDK), to the LwIP stack on your OS (which is?...) 

Customer Application Support Engineer
ADAS-CAS (V2X & Radar)

joshfx
Contributor II
My OS on S32K3 T-Box will be AUTOSAR Adaptive. Is there a LwIP stack on AUTOSAR and is it possible to establish these connection between Cohda MK6 RSU and s32k3 t box with DDS(Data Distribution Service) on DSRC?
0 Kudos

avanluijpen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have limited knowledge on AUTOSAR or S32K family, but from what I know, there is a TCPIP stack available for #S32K344, which is based on lwIP and wolfSSL with S32K3 RTD RTM Integration layer. This TCP/IP stack release is intended to be used as integrated with S32 RTD drivers and FreeRTOS in a non-AUTOSAR based environment, so it should suit your needs.  

For the AUTOSAR V2X side, you will need a V2X stack (eg. from Cohda Wireless,Commsignia, or another party). This V2X Stack should use v2xRAL (with support for ITS-G5), to connect via Communication HW Abstraction layer with the RAL ECU (which has the connection to the DSRC modem).

The V2X stack you choose will need to support the V2X Facility offered by the MK6 RSU. I am not aware of existing AUTOSAR v2xRAL or Communication HAL for our #SAF5400 DSRC modem - so this might be a showstopper for you, so unless you are planning to implement this yourself, you will need to find someone to implement it for you.

I am not aware of DDS in the context of V2X, but in theory you could setup IPv6 Gateway function on the MK6 RSU, and then create an IPv6 link from the K3 to the RSU. Once the link is established, you could use it to tunnel your DDS middleware. 

Is this something along the lines of what you are looking for?

Customer Application Support Engineer
ADAS-CAS (V2X & Radar)