Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K148 Flash Example on EVB Gets Stuck in DefaultISR

Jump to solution
njozwiak-hd
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have an S32K148 EVB that I am trying to run the Flash Partitioning Example on. I am using S32DS 3.5 with RTM 4.0.1.

I imported the source (attached image) and made no modifications. I am simply trying to step through the execution. I compiled with the default target of Debug RAM.

The first time I ran, it failed to return from the FLASH_DRV_EraseAllBlock() call on L125. After waiting for a minute or so I paused execution and noticed it was sitting at the DefaultISR. So I stopped the debug session and re-ran to see what would happen.

This time, it passed the conditional check on flashSSDConfig.EEESize == 0 and jumps to execute the FLASH_DRV_SetFlexRamFunction() on L165. Here execution always stalls ending up in the same DefaultISR.

I did step into FLASH_DRV_SetFlexRamFunction() and found that the source code always branches to the DefaultISR when attempting to execute flash_driver.c:L1421:

if (flexRamFuncCode == EEE_QUICK_WRITE)

I expected this example to work out of the box, so I'm confused what is going on here. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi Nathan,

Did you follow the project guideline? Especially what that Note mentioned.
S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.3 flash_partitioning_s32k148.png

It is recommended to install S32K1 SDK RTM 4.0.3 with S32DS Extensions and Updates in S32DS v3.4.
Or install S32K1 RTD 2.0.x with S32DS Extensions and Updates in S32DS v3.5.
Do not use S32K1 SDK 4.0.1 with S32DS v3.5. According to the currently available information, we don’t have any plan to integrate S32SDK S32K1XX 4.0.3 into S32DS 3.5 or above version.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
njozwiak-hd
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply. I was not aware of those HTML pages buried in the installation. That is very helpful. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it entirely answers my question/issue.

As a consequence, loading the program to flash memory may fail on some debuggers.

I am not trying to load my program to flash. I am running the Debug_RAM. So I should be running the program directly out of RAM. With that said, could you point me to instructions for performing the mass erase operation? I don't see it in the instructions anywhere and can't immediately find it in S32DS menus.

Regarding the versions of S32DS, RTM, and RTD... I'm actually fairly confused now. I understand your bullet points of what is supported where, but when I launched S32DS 3.5, the RTD 2.0.x is not listed as an installable extension, but the RTM 4.0.x is.

njozwiakhd_0-1706805250222.png

So, I have a few follow-up questions:

1. What is the difference between S32DS 3.4 and 3.5

2. Why is the RTM 4.0.x not supported in 3.5? Is the RTM itself being deprecated?

3. How do I properly install the RTD 2.0.x since it is not listed in the Extensions and Updates in my S32DS 3.5?

Thanks 

EDIT:

I found these instructions for installation of the RTD: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/How-do-i-add-S32k1-RTD-to-S32DS-3-5/td-p/1687471

But after installing that. I am unsure of what the equivalent RTD example is for the RTM Flash Partition example. Can you point me to the correct RTD example?

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please import Fee_Example_S32K148 project and read RTD_FEE_UM.pdf

Create S32DS Project from Example Fee_Example.png

Fee_Example_S32K148_RTD200P01 RTD_FEE_UM.png

Sorry for confusing you. S32DS v3.5 is the latest version of the IDE but unfortunately S32K1 SDK RTM 4.0.1 should not have appeared here. It should have appeared in S32DS v3.3 (already reported this issue to the S32DS team before). Starting from S32DS v3.5, S32K1 RTD replaces the previous SDK.

0 Kudos
njozwiak-hd
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Thank you for pointing me to that Fee Example, but I am not looking for AUTOSAR drivers here. So I think I have the wrong driver package. But I can't seem to find a non-AUTOSAR install. Is this the only driver configuration NXP is offering now?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please import Ftfc_Eep_Ip_Example_S32K148 project, this is non-AUTOSAR example.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi Nathan,

Did you follow the project guideline? Especially what that Note mentioned.
S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.3 flash_partitioning_s32k148.png

It is recommended to install S32K1 SDK RTM 4.0.3 with S32DS Extensions and Updates in S32DS v3.4.
Or install S32K1 RTD 2.0.x with S32DS Extensions and Updates in S32DS v3.5.
Do not use S32K1 SDK 4.0.1 with S32DS v3.5. According to the currently available information, we don’t have any plan to integrate S32SDK S32K1XX 4.0.3 into S32DS 3.5 or above version.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos