S32K146 and SBCFS6503

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146 and SBCFS6503

Contributor III

When I power on the FS6503 ,It only lasts 1.3s then shuts down . Our team can only use it's debug mode now.

/* Determine if it is necessary to re-initialize main register set. */
status = FS65_GetMode(&sbcMode, &prevMode);

/* FSSM can be initialized only in INIT_FS. */
if (sbcMode == fs65ModeInit)
{
   /* Initialize FSSM (fail-safe registers). */
   status = FS65_WriteRegisters(userConfig->initFailSafeRegs, userConfig->initFailSafeRegsCount);/*When I change the value of register "initFailSafeRegs", the default value is always read out, indicating that I did not change successfully. If my SPI driver is OK, can you give me some Suggestions?*/
   if (status != fs65StatusOk)
   {
      return fs65StatusError;
   }

/* INIT_MAIN -> NORMAL_MODE. */
   /* If INIT_INT config value is not defined, just read and write the register value. */
   if (userConfig->initIntReg == NULL)
   {
      status = FS65_ReadRegister(FS65_M_INIT_INT_ADDR, &response);
      {
         return status;
      }
      initIntValue = response.readData;
   }
   else
   {
         initIntValue = *(userConfig->initIntReg);
   }
   status |= FS65_WriteRegister(FS65_M_INIT_INT_ADDR, initIntValue, NULL);
   {
      return status;
   }
}

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

guliugang
Contributor I

hello,

I have the same problem.Can you tell me how to deal with it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi,jason.

My problem was delayed by something else, and I later found out that my SPI communication was faulty.Restart the problem today, have you solved the problem?

0 Kudos

guliugang
Contributor I

Hi, jack.

My problem wasn't solved yet, I have something else to do, and continue to solve later, If you solve the problem, please tell me the solution, thank you!and so do I

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,jason。

Have you solved the problem yet?So far I've debugged two versions of the same problem.After modifying the register value of 6503, it reads out the default value, and I can't find the problem point at present.

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please take a closer look at our AN5238 where you can find the recommended start-up SPI sequence (Chapter 14.2).

From your code above it is not clear how you initialize the device and periodically refresh the watchdog. Please note that the first watchdog refresh (0x4D when using a default LFSR value of 0xB2) must happen before INIT_FS timeout (256ms). Then you need to periodically refresh the watchdog during every open window of the window period (set using WD_WINDOW_3:0 bits). If you would not like to use watchdog, use WD disable (WD_WINDOW_3:0 = 0b0000) in INIT_FS phase (256 ms open window after releasing RSTB) and then close INIT_FS phase by 1 good WD refresh (0x4D when using a default LFSR value of 0xB2). Then no further watchdog refresh is necessary.

You might also find useful an example project available at Embedded SW: FS65/FS45 SW Driver | NXP 

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello,Tomas Vaverka

I have checked the start-up SPI sequence (Chapter 14.2). But I have another problem. Under what circumstances is the register read by Fs6503 the default value, or under what circumstances the register is unreadable?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am afraid I do not understand your question. Could you please rephrase it or provide more details?

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

What I want to express is that when I initialize FSSM, I modify the values of the individual registers in it. When I read back, the data I read is always the default value. Is it that I failed to modify or that fs6503 cannot modify the values of registers in which case, and this state is ignored by me。

static fs65_reg_config_value_t initFailSafeRegs[] =
{
{
FS65_FS_INIT_FS1B_TIMING_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_FS1B_TIME_106_848MS,
FS65_R_FS_FS1B_TIME_MASK,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_SUPERVISOR_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_FS1B_TIME_RANGE_X1 | FS65_R_FS_VAUX_5D_NORMAL | FS65_R_FS_VCCA_5D_NORMAL |
FS65_R_FS_VCORE_5D_NORMAL,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_FAULT_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_FLT_ERR_IMP_RSTB | FS65_R_FS_FS1B_CAN_IMPACT_RX_ONLY | FS65_R_FS_FLT_ERR_FS_INT3_FIN6,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_FSSM_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_RSTB_DURATION_10MS | FS65_R_FS_PS_HIGH | FS65_R_FS_IO_23_FS_NOT_SAFETY |
FS65_R_FS_IO_45_FS_NOT_SAFETY,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_SF_IMPACT_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_WD_IMPACT_RSTB | FS65_R_FS_DIS_8S_ENABLED | FS65_R_FS_TDLY_TDUR_DELAY,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_WD_WINDOW_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_WD_WINDOW_512MS,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_WD_LFSR_ADDR,
FS65_WD_SEED_DEFAULT,
0xFFU,
false
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_WD_CNT_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_WD_CNT_RFR_6 | FS65_R_FS_WD_CNT_ERR_6,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_VCORE_OVUV_IMPACT_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_VCORE_FS_UV_FS0B | FS65_R_FS_VCORE_FS_OV_RSTB_FS0B,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_VCCA_OVUV_IMPACT_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_VCCA_FS_UV_FS0B | FS65_R_FS_VCCA_FS_OV_RSTB_FS0B,
0x0FU,
true
},
{
FS65_FS_INIT_VAUX_OVUV_IMPACT_ADDR,
FS65_R_FS_VAUX_FS_UV_FS0B | FS65_R_FS_VAUX_FS_OV_RSTB_FS0B,
0x0FU,
true
}

};

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please close the INIT_FS phase by 1 good WD refresh (0x4D when using a default LFSR value of 0xB2). Then read back the INIT FS registers.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi Tomas

I tried to test it the way you said, but nothing worked.My SBC has not entered the LPOFF state, and I can't find any method. The "FS65_driver" is the driver package provided by you, and the "start-up SPI sequence" is good.

pastedImage_1.png

This picture is the pin of the reset tube of SBC. There are four times of reset at the moment of power supply, and the reset time is 4ms. May I ask whether this reset signal is unique to power supply of SBC itself, or is it caused by my hardware?I now read the SBC register value is the default value, is it related to this?

pastedImage_1.png

Now I see a problem. In INIT_FS mode, my FSSM did not write successfully.The above figure shows the reset pin in yellow, MOSI in blue and MISO in red. Why?

0 Kudos