cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144EVB-Q100 cannot flash S32K144 chip

redradist
Contributor II

Hello all,

For test purpose I have changed manually io_table.c pin configuration (g_pin_mux_InitConfigArrand configured most of pins as PORT_PIN_DISABLED ...

But after this small modification microcontroller stooped response back to OpenSDA embedded on board ...

As result I cannot debug or flash firmware to chip anymore ...

The error is following:

Error in services launch sequence
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : The GDB Server was not able to establish a connection to the target processor. Please check your connections and power. Verify that the launch settings in the Debug Configuration are accurate.

How to restore the board ? Have anybody faced with the same issue ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Denis,

Did you disable the JTAG/SWD or reset_b pins as well?

If so, you could use the P&E recovery utility to halt the core after power-on reset before the pins get disabled.

As explained here: Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power | MCU on Eclipse 

It works with PE Multilink, not sure if it works with OpenSDA though.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

redradist
Contributor II

Daniel,

I have tested PE Multilink Recover Utility, but it did not help ... Not with OpenSDA nor PE Multilink ...

Is there a way to pull down some pin on chip (something like Boot0) and flash it with new firmware ???

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Denis,

The system reset resets all the ports to their default configuration.

If you disabled the reset_b port (PTA5) as well, you can reset the MCU by power-cycling the MCU only.

After each power-on reset, there is a short period of time when the ports are in default configurations before the SW disables them.

What did not help?

Could't the utility halt the execution?

You may need to power-cycle the EVB many times.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

redradist
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I have both OpenSDA and PE Multilink, but both cannot communicate with chip ...

Seems like I somehow broke configuration for some pins and due to this OpenSDA and PE Multilink cannot communicate because SWD/JTAG pins have different configuration ...

> If so, you could use the P&E recovery utility to halt the core after power-on reset before the pins get disabled ...

No, I have not but I will try now and provide feedback ...